Regional Director of Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
As a leader in vertically-integrated hospitality, we’ve successfully developed and managed a growing portfolio of top-tier branded assets throughout some of the most pivotal moments in the last three decades—proving our position as one of the industry’s premier hotel investment groups.
We are a premium hotel portfolio and a great core management team, with hotels currently under construction and robust acquisition pipeline, looking to build out our above-property support functions.
To deliver memorable experiences and create meaningful moments in the lives of our guests and team members.
We are looking for a Regional Director of Operations with multi-property experience or full-service hotel General Manager experience who will be responsible for examining, analyzing, and evaluating the operations of assigned hotels to ensure maximum profitability, outstanding guest experience, and adherence to company standards and policies
- Act as the direct liaison between Hotels and Corporate Office
- Provide guidance to Managers, including, but not limited to hotel operations, reservation delivery, feedback scores, quality assurance scores, sales and marketing techniques, revenue management, etc., and implement Action Plans to achieve a solid return on investment (ROI).
- Visits each hotel in the region minimally 1x/month
- Authorizes expenditures and monitors cost controls and labor
- Implements programs that meet corporate goals and objectives
- Directly involved with Revenue Management, pricing and Sales and Marketing of the hotels
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Guides and directs management in the development, production, and promotion, and financial aspects of the organization's products and services.
- Is the subject matter expert on all brand standards from Marketing Dept, corporate programs, and technology platforms utilized.
- Effectively manage escalated Hotel expectations related to reservation contribution, service delivery, etc. as needed.
- The Regional Director of Operations must be able to perform with minimal supervision, be creative, and think outside of the box in the interest of ensuring the success of the brand.
- Track and record Hotel correspondences.
- Brand experience with Marriott and Hilton is essential
The Ideal Candidate will have or be able to:
- Minimum 5 years select service/full-service hotel General Manager experience with multiple brands
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong conflict management skills
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Demonstrate group presentation skills, participate in meetings
- Build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Ability to multi-task, tracking completion dates to ensure timeliness
- Strong sense of urgency
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents including financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, etc.
- Ability to define problems collect data establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Efficient computer skills
- Ability to connect with hourly team members during property visits to ensure training and tools are being provided to ensure the hotels’ success
- Must be available, weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must have valid Driver's License
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to lift/move and exert up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office/IT equipment.
Wurzak Hotel Group - Corporate Office
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?