General Job Description:
The New Product Introduction Engineer is responsible for smooth transfer of new products to our manufacturing floor. This is accomplished by mastering production processes, equipment, tooling and software. This position requires knowledge of electronics manufacturing technologies and being a solution provider.
High Level Responsibilities:
- Manufacturing handover for new products and new tools. This includes documentation and training.
- Definition, development, and implementation of new production testing tools.
- Maintain and improve all automated manufacturing tools.
- Evaluation and repair of returned goods.
- Support manufacturing with technical guidance.
- Build and confirm product prototypes before transfer to manufacturing.
- Obtain, create and coordinate all manufacturing documentation for the new product (e.g. assembly instructions, troubleshooting guides, etc.).
- Build and implement production testing tools.
- Build, load, and release BOM structures in conjunction with the manufacturing processes.
- Check the manufactured product quality and identify errors or faults.
- Understand the customer specifications and company standards and verify the same in the finished product.
- Provide feedback about the finished product and recommendations to the engineering team for accurate development of the series product.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to all production process and methods to facilitate cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Participate in the design review process and advocate DFM solutions.
- Provide expert level guidance or lead PFMEA efforts for new products
- Develop flying probe, AOI, SMT programs.
- Develop and program end of line test systems.
- Debug and troubleshooting of returned goods.
- Develop tooling to facilitate proper assembly regardless of operator skill level
Critical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or Science related field with 5-7 yrs. industry experience in Manufacturing Operations. An electrical engineering degree is preferred.
- Experience with ISO Quality Systems and Processes is required. IATF experience is a plus
- Excellent mechanical/electronics/soldering skills.
- Manufacturing software development experience required. LabView is a plus.
- Specification and documentation skills.
- 3D parametric modeling will be required. Solidworks is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills are required, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D’s.