Customer Service Representative
- Expired: October 13, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Würth Baer Supply Company is one of the nation's leading specialty wholesale distributors to the woodworking industry, offering an extensive inventory of decorative and functional hardware and fittings, tools, shop supplies, surfacing materials, and board and panel products.
We are currently seeking a Customer Service Representative for our Corporate location in Vernon Hills, IL.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will handle customer inquiries and concerns with courtesy, respect, professionalism and a high sense of urgency for our growing client base. You will provide the best value through a combination of product availability, service and price to incoming customer calls (65-90 per day). You will help solve and handle issues on orders and back-ordered products. You will continuously pursue process improvements and add customer value by helping customers reduce their cost through up-selling and offering substitute products as needed thus finding the best solutions to their needs.
· Receive incoming customer calls (65-90 per day) and assist customers in placing orders
· Enter and modify on-line orders in the system
· Help customers when placing orders, “up-sell” or offer substitute products that meet the customers’ needs.
· Write orders for non-stock merchandise
· Respond to customer requesting pricing and other information about both stock and non-stock merchandise
· Investigate back ordered merchandise and offer substitutes when available
· Expedite Orders
· Maintain product information files
· Fax information to customers
· Assist with new employee training while taking inbound calls
· Record and resolve order issues
· Participate in phone blitz sales days in alignment with company sales goals.
· Make outbound phone calls to new and existing customers to increase sales
· Other duties related to sales or customer service as assigned by the Customer Service Manager
· Woodworking knowledge or experience strongly preferred
· Previous customer service experience
· High School Education or equivalent experience
· Strong math skills (Add, subtract, multiply, divide, unit of measure conversion)
· Strong communication skills
· Excel & SAP experience preferred
· Sales or customer service (call center) background strongly preferred
· Customer focused
· Excels in a rapidly changing environment
· Positive attitude, friendly and upbeat personality
· Results driven
We offer the following employee benefits:
· A variety of excellent health insurance choices
· Paid time off
· Company matched 401(K)
Please apply at email@example.com for further consideration.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Wurth Baer Supply Company
AddressVernon Hills, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Wurth Baer Supply Company