Please note: This role is based in Centerville.
Wright Development Group is seeking a highly organized Controller to support our Real Estate Development company located in Centerville, Utah.
The ideal candidate will have a CPA (required) and 5+ years of relevant experience along with a solid understanding of real estate finance.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, will upgrade/streamline the accounting process in a hands on environment
- Responsible for construction and long-term project financing; prior experience working with banks, life insurance companies, CMBS lenders and mortgage brokers strongly preferred
- Provide leadership and manage company accountants
- Appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Responsible for proper Corporate and property cash management, including monthly cash flow analysis and comparisons.
- Closely manage and analyze operational expenses, budget and income statements in alignment with company's strategic plan
- Primary liaison with all external accountants for fiscal and calendar year-end tax returns
- Implement, monitor and manage internal controls to include documentation and audit.
- Provide recommendation in building out the Accounting Department (hire, review, direct, discipline)
- Other projects as assigned
- 4-year degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA strongly preferred
- Must be proactive, process driven and resourceful and detail oriented
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a Real Estate/ Development/Construction/Property Management environment
- Strong systems experience required: Yardi, Excel (formulas, look-ups, pivot tables, IF statements)