QA Software Tester
- Posted: over a month ago
QA Software Tester II
Job Summary: Responsible for working with the business teams and ensuring a product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance.
Position Reports to:
Department: Consulting/ QA Tester
Status: Non-Supervisory/ Exempt
- Collaborate in requirement & design review sessions; evaluate requirements & design documents from a testability standpoint and remove any ambiguity.
- Support and adapt to Agile, Waterfall or Hybrid Software Testing methodologies based on project needs.
- Create test documentation to include but not limited to test plans, test cases, test scenarios, requirements traceability matrices, etc. as per project needs
- Develop and maintain manual or automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
- Plan automated and manual test creation and execution throughout an Agile or Waterfall methodology, analyze, report results and write defects
- Develop and maintain functional automation test scripts utilizing modular frameworks and best practices
- Participate at defect triage meeting as per project needs.
- Setup and maintain continuous integration test activities for the project to monitor and report automated unit and GUI test results.
- Maintain test environments and their deployment to support quality activities.
- Implement and maintain test environments and its deployment.
- Support Pull Request process for approval and merging content into development and test environments.
- Configure test environments and virtual machines for testing platform
- Configure and monitor CI/CD using Azure DevOps, Jenkins or TeamCity as per project needs.
- Adhere and collaborate improvements to requirement review, defect writing & test script writing guidelines
- Keep management informed of current state of quality and test progress
- Train Software QA Tester with overall project and/or company QA policies and procedures, interaction with customer and provide support, testing and customer service
- Proactively mentor Software QA Tester I regarding quality best practices and software testing disciplines to strengthen individual contributions to the team
- Adhere to any company and/or project quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Collaborate in any company-wide quality assurance policy and procedure initiatives.
- Provide customer User Acceptance Test (UAT) and/or maintenance support.
- Other related duties may be required as assigned by Immediate Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) experience from Requirements and design reviews, Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Bug Reporting, Testing Closure, and Software Release
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in writing automated test using Testing Frameworks like JUnit, NUnit, TestNG or XUnit with Selenium WebDriver and other related test automation frameworks and tools.
- Basic SQL experience.
- Experience with Defect tracking tools like Jira.
- Full understanding of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) processes of data quality, data mining, data cleansing and data transformation. Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA & Software Development.
- Knowledge of agile development practices, continuous integration, continuous testing and continuous deployment
- Experience configuring continuous testing with Azure DevOps, Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Adaptability is a must, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- Openly communicates to the team in an enthusiastic and motivated manner.
- Self-motivated with a sharp customer service and results oriented focus.
- Results-driven with the ability to take initiatives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated skills in creative thinking, teamwork, problem solving, decision-making and time management.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and nontechnical audiences in Spanish and English.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities, and responsive to customer requests.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability and willingness to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Availability to work at the customer site and/or Wovenware offices.
Feedback & Feedforward
Actively seeks feedback (active listening) through pull requests and pairing or shadowing and uses feedback from others as a tool for growth. Shares constructive, respectful suggestion of ways to improve his/her performance and others.
Knowledge Sharing "Openness"
Understands the purpose of the development and the client's need. Share knowledge of their work and areas they have worked in frequently. To transfer knowledge, you can use the presentation in demos, documentation, comments in the code and document the tickets. In Addition, you can deliver a presentation or speak about a topic in a roundtable and pairing.
To transfer knowledge, you can use the presentation in demos, documentation, comments in the code and document the tickets.
Effective Communication "Professionalism"
Arrives to workday, meetings, and appointments on time. Always prepared for meetings or discussions.
Communicates effectively, clearly, concisely and in an audience-oriented way, in written and verbal form.
Communicates progress of work, escalates issues, rubber-ducks approaches to their work with a team member, and asks for help where needed.
Actively listens to others and ensures they are understood. Asks questions for clarification. Pays attention to nonverbal communication.
Be a teammate
Understands that individual decisions affect the organization. The team’s success takes priority over personal achievements.
Assists others when they need help on assignments; does not hesitate to ask others for help when needed, volunteers themselves for team tasks, helps their teammates overcome obstacles and resolve blockers. Gives or shares credit were due.
Actively demonstrates a positive attitude, learns from mistakes, and does not place blame on others. Developing a sense where they fit into the team's progress and where they can provide assistance.
Strong Relationships & FUN
Works to build strong relationships with their teammates, manager, and product counterpart. Contributes positively to company culture and an inclusive culture.
EX (Employee Experience Technical Interviews)
Participate in the technical interviews as a spectator at times as part of the training to move to Senior.
Software Development Life cycle "Discipline"
Understands that professional development is critical.
Actively participates and developing an understanding on Agile, Scrum and/ or Waterfall methodology and the importance and purpose of cadences of the methodology.
Understands how the workflow is delivered to production, will participate in improving the delivery process (e.g., Follow the Wovenware's release management policy.)
Usually considers how the feature will be deployed with minimal disruption to customer’s environment.
Able to contribute to planned sprint or daily task work with guidance.
Has daily conversation with the team about the progress of their work.
Delivers on commitments with a sense of urgency and cares about the value of what they are working on and impact on the business.
Commits to a realistic amount of work and works with their teammates both to ensure they understand priority and urgency, and to deliver upon them accordingly.
Escalates any blockers, delays, and cost ballooning to their team daily. Clarifies expectations with their teammates.
Able to contribute to planning and estimation with guidance
Organizes time to prevent heavy workload
Evaluates projects needs and requirements and provides accurate deadline estimates.
Before beginning work, ensures that tasks are appropriately sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery, weighs invested time and value to make pragmatic decisions with help from teammates and manager.
Understands and acts according to priorities and identifies dependencies.
Decision Making/Problem Solving
Makes decisions aligned to the overall team objectives. Understands accountability.
Deals with unexpected changes in work, deadlines, or strategies in a positive manner. Always has a “can-do” attitude. Avoids overthinking situations.
Able to work and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Multitasks without sacrificing quality.
Strives to be objective and reflects on their own biases when making decisions.
Holds themselves accountable for decision and outcomes.
Be a leading team "Passion"
Understands and works towards shared goals of the team that align to company goals.
Takes responsibility for delivering on time and communicates progress of their work.
Requires minimum supervision in completing assigned tasks.
Be a consultant "Deliver Quality and Create Value"
Consistently listens and understand client inquiries. Ask questions to clarify doubts to understand clients’ technologies, industries, and business processes.
Employee is punctual and available within working hours with a “can do” attitude.
Understands tasks, users and flows impacted. Has the ability to analyze the big picture and identify non-happy paths.
Aims to think about what technical changes are needed for a task, acceptance criteria, and seeks to follow best practice and impact of their design on other parts of the system.
Understands the organization's company strategy and how the teams align to this. #ActAsAnOwner
Understands or grasps how the customer business and/or product works and the overall purpose and impact of the product, and sometimes makes suggestions for improvements.
Physical & Safety Requirements
Primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects. Adequately lighted and ventilated area where normal precautions for use of office equipment must be observed. This is a standard 40-hour workweek job that may require additional and flexible hours as necessary to complete project deadlines on time.
Compensation is commensurate with experience level. The QA Software Tester position will be an integral part of our team and will have a competitive combination of base salary, Performance Bonus, 401K, Medical Insurance 85%-50% contribution, Sick Leave, and Personal Time Off.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and take Affirmative Action to recruit women, minorities, protected veterans, and people with disabilities, WOVENWARE is committed to a diverse workforce.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?