Lead Java Senior Developer
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Software Developer (JAVA)
Job Summary: Responsible for analyzing requirements to develop, code and test new solutions or features for business applications.
Position Reports to:
Department: Consulting / Software Development
Status: Exempt / No supervisory
- Participates in the full software development cycle from ideation to release phase and provides postproduction support.
- Provide estimated development time frames for assigned Software Development projects to ensure accurate planning and delivery of projects”
- Develops technical design documents for internal and outsourced teams. Maintaining detailed documentation, in-person meetings, and regular follow-ups/reviews are part of the job in order to have better quality control of the end product.
- Designing user interaction models, workflows, and user interfaces to ensure the quality of software development.
- Evaluate and recommend processes and technologies that could improve the productivity of the group.
- Analyses software execution, performance, diagnosis, and presents solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Provides as-needed assistance to testers and supports personnel to determine system bugs and/or problems.
- Understands enterprise-level systems including their architecture and all technical layers.
- Participate and train developers I and II in the interaction with customers while providing support and customer service.
- Leads the execution efforts of the Software Developers I and II.
- Supports management by actively participating in providing technical feedback that will be used to complete the Software Developers I and II performance appraisals.
- Complete "Developer's Checklist" to ensure quality development processes are in place.
- Other related duties may be required as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience, 10+ years
- Proven experience in modern Java and Web development technologies, 5+ years
- Profound insight of Java internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, Oracle, SQL, and ORM technologies (Hibernate, iBatis)
- Experience with modern Micro-service stacks (Spring Boot, Quarkus, Helidon, Micronauts, etc)
- Working experience with the WebSphere application server and embeddable web servers
- Experience with containers, and cloud operating environments (AWS, Azure, OCI) – OCI is a plus
- Experience with cloud-native technologies – FaaS, DaaS, Kafka – is a plus
- Experience with Maven and Git (GitHub/BitBucket)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA)
- Experience with Jasper Reports
- Working knowledge of C programming in Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with legacy systems and modular application integration
Other Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences in Spanish and English.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities, and responsive to customer requests.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Self-motivated with sharp customer service and a results-oriented focus.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Availability to work at the customer site and/or Wovenware offices.
Physical & Safety Requirements
Primarily sedentary with some walking, standing, and carrying of light objects. The adequately lighted and ventilated area where normal precautions for use of office equipment must be observed. This is a standard 40-hour workweek job that may require additional and flexible hours as necessary to complete project deadlines on time.
Compensation is commensurate with experience level. The Senior Software Developer position will be an integral part of our team and will have a competitive combination of base salary, 401K, Medical Insurance 50%-85% contribution, and Personal Time Off.
Wovenware is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard, and valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we take affirmative action to recruit women, minorities, protected veterans, and people with disabilities.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?