Production Associate 1
Worthington Industries Columbus, OH
- Posted: October 06, 2021
- $20 Hourly
Are you employed at one of Columbus' Top Places to Work? If not, now is your chance to be! Join us at Worthington Industries, where we've been named Top Places to Work in the Columbus areafor 9years in a row.
Worthington Industries is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. If you aren't familiar with Worthington, you're likely familiar with what we produce. Here in Columbus we make BalloonTime helium tanks, propane tanks used for grilling, and Bernzomatic cylinders.Sounds cool, right? It gets better. We put our people first and operate under the guiding principle of the Golden Rule- treating others the way we want to be treated.
If you're still wondering why you should join our team, here's a quick list of reasons:
- Minimum Starting pay $20.00/hour
- We do pay for experience. Apply today to find out what your starting rate would be.
- $1.50 Shift Differential for off-shifts.
- We offer $3,000 in sign-on bonuses to new employees.
- We have on-the-job training, so no manufacturing experience is required.
- You get access to our comprehensive benefits package on day 1.
- We are a profit-sharing company; you see your hard work pay off.
- We have an on-site medical center andpharmacy;making doctors' appointments and prescription pick-ups easy!
- Need a haircut? We've got a barbershop on-site.
- Want to get a quick work-out in? We've got an on-site fitness center and gym.
- Our pay is competitive; overtime is paid at time and a half and double time starts after 48 hours.
We are hiring Production Associates and Material Handlers for 2nd, 3rd and overnight shifts.
These positions are responsible for safely manufacturing quality parts on a fast-paced assembly line. Duties include a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Performing assembly, testing, problem solving, material handling, welding, paint line operation, press room operation, and quality control.
The goal of the Production Associate is to achieve excellence in all facets of therole;providing the highest quality service safely, while effectively and efficiently increasing profits.
A good candidateis someone who iseager to learn and grow, shows up to work on time, and puts in a hard days' work. Our formal requirements are below:
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for several hours
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Competent in basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Ability to recognize quality issues and problems - detect defects
- Must be able to readand follow detailed instructions on productions
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes
- Must be able to count and label parts accurately
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and have good safety awareness and efficiency skills
- Forklift and crane license a plus
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a "Most Admired Company" and four times as a "100 Best Companies to Work For."
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Columbus, OH 43085
ManufacturingView all jobs at Worthington Industries