Staff Accountant - Treasury
- Expired: February 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay Grade 7
GeoBlue is the trading name for the international health insurance programs of Worldwide Insurance Services, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. For the past 20 years, GeoBlue has been dedicated to simplifying the international healthcare experience for the globally mobile. GeoBlue members have access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the U.S. and our hand-picked network of high-quality medical providers outside the U.S. where we collaborate closely with our largest single shareholder, Bupa, one of the largest healthcare companies on the planet outside the US. Coupled with leading-edge technology and 24/7 multilingual world-class medical assistance, GeoBlue provides members with the confidence and peace of mind to carry out their international aspirations. GeoBlue offers a range of solutions, covering the needs of the globally mobile for short trips and long-term assignments including group, individual and student international health insurance plans.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant - Treasury who will be responsible for reconciling claim payments and discrepancies, reporting, month end close and assisting with auditing and testing as needed. They will interact with internal departments as well as external vendors.
- Manage multiple claim payment accounts to include weekly account reconciliations of funding received and claim payments processed; coordination with Claims department to disburse weekly claim payments; reconciliation of funding discrepancies with report analysis and collaboration of IT and Underwriting staff; and communication with various bank to resolve payment issues.
- Track and investigate weekly claim adjustments and returned payments.
- Process payment re-issue requests with updated banking information.
- Perform month end close and assist internal and external auditing process.
- Assist Staff Account II on escheatment process.
- Prepare and produce various reports requested by internal and external partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or equivalent working experience.
- 1-3 years accounting experience, preferably in insurance or financial service industry.
- Experience with international payments (iACH and wires) is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Experience with Great Plains is desirable.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Attention to detail is key, flexibility and a willingness to perform a variety of support tasks.
- Employee is required to have at minimum an internet speed of 75 Mbps (standard high-speed internet access.)
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
If you prefer to mail your resume you can send it to:
Worldwide Insurance Services
Attn: Human Resources
933 First Avenue | King of Prussia, PA 19406
Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC
AddressKing of Prussia, PA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC