Customer Service Agent
Worldwide Flight Services Cedar Rapids, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
WFS is one of the world's leading ground handling organizations, providing high quality cargo, passenger, premium, ramp, baggage and technical services across a network spanning over 188 locations in more than 22 countries on five continents. A career with us opens up a world of opportunity to develop your existing skills, to learn new skills, and to experience working with different customers and cultures with the sole aim of always delivering a world class service.
WFS is currently searching for a Customer Service Representative to add to our growing organization.
A Customer Service Rep performs all aspects of airport and passenger service functions including: making reservations, preparation and issuance of tickets and itineraries, computation of fares, issuance of refunds, checking baggage, collection of excess baggage charges, providing passengers with general travel information; meets aircraft at gate or loading area, performs duties in the departure lounges or at boarding gates when enplaning and deplaning passengers, checks passenger ticket for validity and lifts appropriate coupon, completes all necessary arrangements for accommodating passengers holding reservations, standbys and their luggage, determines flight close-out time and prepares, completes and checks various flight forms for accuracy, invalidates tickets and completes post-departure procedures; performs lost and found activities, initiates tracing procedures for lost passenger articles, keeps owner informed of progress of search and returns found articles to customer, processes claims for damaged or lost baggage and personal articles and makes on-the-spot settlement of minor claims.
- Twist, turn, stoop, bend, reach, and grip while checking baggage throughout an eight hour shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for an eight hour shift.
- Hear and respond to customers.
- Ability to speak and be understood in giving directions/information to passengers.
- Tolerate and answer repetitious questions from customers in a friendly, outgoing manner.
- Ability to count money.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds (31.9kg).
- Ability to judge distance.
- Must be willing to wear uniform and insignia as prescribed by the Company.
- Personal appearance and grooming that will present a favorable corporate image.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
Worldwide Flight ServicesWhy Work Here?
Work for a leader in Cargo handling.
WFS is one of the world's leading ground handling organizations, providing high quality cargo, passenger, premium, ramp, baggage and technical services across a network spanning over 170 locations in more than 22 countries on five continents.
2121 Arthur Collins Parkway SWCedar Rapids, IA
BusinessView all jobs at Worldwide Flight Services