We are one of the worlds largest mat manufacturing operations and are currently seeking to hire general laborers to join out team! We offer great career opportunities, room for growth and great pay! Seeking candidates for immediate hire!
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Trimming rubber from plastic mats, and to support the manufacturing process by putting together components in accordance with manufacturing standards. Ensure manufactured mats meets or exceed quality and productivity standards. Ensure components handling, assembly execution and housekeeping and safety procedures are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure a safe, orderly and clean work area.
- Know all duties and responsibilities.
- Comply with company policies, goals and directives.
- Ensure material movement policies are adhered to as per Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Ensure understanding of Job Instructions and perform duties as outlined.
- Adhere to first piece quality sample as per Job Instruction (JI) and confirm parts matches during replenishment.
- Conduct “hands-on” training with Assembly Leads and Supervisors.
- Understand scrap, reversal and efficiency process.
- Ensure manufactured part quality standards are met as agreed upon per Critical-to-Quality documents and Job Instructions.
- Report non-conforming parts to Assembly Lead or Supervisor.
- Be aware of your line performance and communicate difficulties to your Assembly Lead or Supervisor.
- Participate and provide feedback on continuous improvement projects.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of alternate assembly processes and equipment.
- Promote teamwork throughout the department and company.
- Willingness to participate in over-time as offered maybe offered from time-to time.
- Finished goods are delivered on-time, in the right quantities and to specification.
- Manufacturing processes are in place that meet quality and operational performance goals and strengthen the company’s competitive position.
- Perform your duties in a safe manner at all times.
- Be to work on time.
- Job Instructions are adhered to; Feedback on Job Instructions to Assembly Lead or Supervisor.
- Production efficiencies at agreed plan.
- Maintain good quality of parts during production operation.
- Must have a positive attitude, be a team player with no attendance issues and have a strong work ethic!
STANDARD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe all company safety and security rules and regulations.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Report unusual conditions or problems to supervisor.
- Practice good housekeeping and proper personal appearance.
- Observe company dress code.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Be a courteous and professional team player.
Perform essential and Standard duties in an indoor environment. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time up to 7.5 hours. May be required to use small to medium power tools such as rivet guns, tape machines and staple guns.
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- INHERENT INTELLIGENCE. Think while acting. Comes up with ideas on own. Quick to understand without having all the details spelled out
- HIGH SELF ESTEEM. Has confidence in ability to succeed without being arrogant or conceited. Doesn’t panic under pressure or sidestep responsibility
- DETERMINATION TO GROW. Sniffs out and seizes every available opportunity to learn, assume new responsibility, and advance.
- GOOD ANALYTICAL TALENT. Able to attack difficult decisions and problems with relish using an organized, orderly, analytical approach.
- GOOD SOCIAL COMPATIBILITY. Team player. Freely offers cooperation and human consideration
- PERSISTENT. Concentrates on goals. Intensely motivated to accomplish goals, even in face of obstacles.
- FLEXIBLE. Able to tolerate frustration and uncertainty. Not defensive of the past, overwhelmed by the present or fearful of the future.
- OPEN MINDED. Receptive to what’s going on and willing to learn from others. Challenges traditional ways of doing things.
- CURIOUS. Likes to explore new ideas. Always on the lookout for new solutions to problems
- INDEPENDENT. Can make decisions. Not unduly influenced by others
- A minimum of one month of hands on experience in assembly or related training.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Able to communicate in English/Spanish at a technical and general intercompany and interdepartmental level.
- Able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and basic logic functions.
- Able to make generalizations, evaluations or decisions without immediate supervision.
- Able to recognize potential hazards and observe appropriate precautions.
- Able to make independent decisions or judgments based on sensory data or known guidelines.
- Able to accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control and planning.
- Able to set realistic goals or make plans independently of others. Able to negotiate.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects. Stooping and crouching are sometimes required.
- Regularly required to be on feet for prolonged periods (up to 7.5 hours)
- Ability to move and or lift up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required to include close vision, peripheral vision
Worlds Largest Mat Manufacturer
Why Work Here?We are one of the worlds largest mat manufacturers in the world. We have unparalleled laundry expertise, challenging traditional manufacturing methods, we create products and processes that break the mold.
Great career opportunity with great pay with one of the worlds largest mat manufacturers!!