Director, Technical Delivery (UKG K-12 Workforce Management Solution)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’re excited you are considering joining our Worldgate team! We are proud to have been named to Inc. 5000’s list two years in a row for being one of the fastest growing and expanding private companies in the United States. We have created an amazing culture defined by our mission, values and The Worldgate WAY. Our employee surveys just earned us a spot on The Washington Post’s Best Places to Work in 2022. To learn more about our company, please visit www.worldgatellc.com
The Director, Technical Delivery, UKG K-12 Workforce Management Solutions, is responsible for exceeding client expectations through superior relationship services and ensuring our team of project managers, consultants and other service delivery staff are delivering exceptional services. The Director, Technical Delivery, is a skilled relationship builder who has previous experience within Education and Public-Sector / Government. He serves as the central point of contact for each client and solicits client feedback from client stakeholders. The Director, Technical Delivery, coordinates all internal service delivery resources, manages the client relationships as well as relationships with vendor Partners, and implements best practices with the client’s and Worldgate service delivery teams. The Director, Technical Delivery ensures each engagement stays on track, within budget and at the desired level of performance, while tending to the varying demands of each client and vendor Partners.
- Overall responsibility for the Technical Delivery Team (Program Manager, Implementation Manager, Project Managers, Managers, and Implementation Consultants)
- Responsible for the local delivery team strategy / longer-term planning to ensure all projects are delivery profitably and on-time.
- Responsible for developing resource plan to take into consideration backlog, current work and future work.
- Responsible for driving continual improvement for the Technical Delivery Team, including quality and standards.
- Surfacing themes from Lessons learned on and off projects and escalating if appropriate to
- In consultation with Program Manager and Implementation Manager support the hiring of new staff and manage staff performance.
- Evaluate and monitor performance reports for project work.
- In cooperation with Program Manager and Implementation Manager provide support to team members around career planning, training, ideas for improvement, and workload challenges.
- Help to drive the positive culture of the team.
- Responsible for review of projects, including:
- Profitability of projects
- Client Kick-off meetings to ensure customers understand scope of work, responsibilities and key milestones.
- Provision of technical estimates for Statements of Work and Change Requests.
- Identification of technical risk associated with proposed project implementation and delivery processes.
- Actively researches improvements to development processes.
- Manages the teams on:
- Workload and time tracking.
- Issues/Feedback from team members around culture, process, operations.
- Customer communications and escalation protocols.
- Customer/Client Focus
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical project management in a software delivery company
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team of technical experts
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification preferred
- Experience using various project delivery methodologies with the ability to tailor approach for project success
- Proven track record to provide structure and process without compromising speed of delivery
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Stability: Proven history of being a relationship builder in a company for multiple years running
- Leader: Leads by example and can effectively manage and lead a strong team culture while being independent in managing his/her work.
- Tenacious: Determined to creative get results that are aligned to the client goals
- Highest level of professional courtesy, mutual respect, and ethics
- Strong C-level/board level communication & presentation skills
- Ability to remain process driven in a fast pace work environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, network internally and externally with vendors and partners to get things accomplished
- Negotiate effectively based on value and time to close.
We look forward to having a conversation with you about joining the Worldgate team.
Worldgate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
Worldgate is a technology consulting firm specializing in solutions that enable our clients to meet and exceed their information technology goals.
What we do:
We partner with software providers who have specifically recognized your needs and have invested in software solutions that cater to the specific objectives and challenges of K-12 school districts and State & Local Government.
No other consulting services firm knows the unique IT-staffing needs of K-12 and Public Sector systems like Worldgate. For nearly 20 years we have worked with some of the nation’s top U.S school systems and municipalities to strategically and cost-effectively assemble teams of experienced Project Managers, Business Analysts, Trainers and other IT staff members. This has enabled our clients to focus on what is most important: their students, staff members, constituents and communities.
What we are doing right:
At Worldgate, we believe the most valuable component within our client’s enterprise is not expensive hardware or a sophisticated app – it’s the people behind it.
We believe our company is defined by our values, which shape and influence every decision.
What we value:
• Our people and want our team members’ experience with Worldgate to be rewarding, empowering, and enjoyable.
• Our clients and respect the opportunities they give us to innovate and serve.
• Diversity and the positive change that a diverse workforce and client community can create.
• Our communities and the opportunities we have to give back and create a better world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Worldgate is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at Worldgate and is an important principle of sound business management.
1760 Reston Pkwy #312Reston, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Worldgate
Get fresh Work From Home Workforce Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!