Position: UX Consultant
Location: Denver Techincal Center
WWT Application Services has opportunities for skilled User Experience (UX) research and design practitioners to create engaging user experiences across multiple digital touchpoints including retail consumer apps, responsive web apps, point-of-sale, kiosks, and IoT. Along with strong design acumen and attention to detail, ideal candidates apply user-centered design, usability, and human factors research techniques to the design of exceptional products. Ideal candidates are product designers that keep a firm pulse on the latest technology and design trends, and collaborate with clients and team members to define, estimate, create, and deliver the entire visual layer that conform to industry best practices.
Candidates must have significant working experience with all facets of user-centered design practices such as, contextual inquiry, persona development, task analysis, journey mapping, wire-framing, high-fidelity UI design, prototyping, and usability testing/evaluation. At WWT Application Services, UX Consultants are embedded on every software team and are responsible for overseeing product design throughout the entire development process and must champion user-centered design through implementation.
Candidates should have 2 - 5 years' experience with the following knowledge, skills, and attributes to be successful:
- Excellent design skills working with typography, layout, and color
- Experience leading digital retail brand engagements
- Experience with omni-channel UX/UI design
- Proven knowledge and experience with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative user research activities
- Experience with inclusive and accessible design principles and guidelines
- Experience in responsive design
- Knowledge of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Knowledge of usability patterns, standards, and information architecture principles
- Ability to dig in and understand complex models, business processes, and technologies
- Ability to persevere when complexity presents itself
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to work within a team context and independently with minimal direction when required
- Must be willing to travel occasionally for user research activities
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Ability to give and receive Feedback . A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one-on-one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control . Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
WWT will consider for employment, without regard to disability, a disabled applicant who satisfies the requisite skill, experience, education, and other job-related requirements of the job and is capable of performing the essential requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. World Wide Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please call 1-800-432-7008 and ask for Human Resources.