Engineering Program Lead
Los Angeles, CA, Phoenix, AZ, St. Louis, MO, San Diego, CA
Engineering Program Lead
World Wide Technology is looking for an Engineering Program Lead to join our Professional Services Organization. As an Engineering Program Lead, you will act as our technical and engineering leader to support one of our largest Health Care clients Network Upgrade Program. This candidate must be able to mentor, coach, delegate key activities to other engineer teammates that will make up the compliment of our delivery team as we perform network upgrades with a hospital network.
The team will rely on this candidate to have the right mindset, keeping focus on the quality of delivery across a difficult project timeline and become a true source of knowledge to support the Program. Finally, this candidate must have a passion for learning and can identify new tools and methods, including automation and scripting, be able to apply them to our projects thereby enhancing our delivery capabilities and providing value to our client. We expect this candidate to be a true leader in this regard as we want to establish a collaborative environment with the customer that can help promote positive change.
75% travel is required
- Engage in & lead design creation and/or validation efforts with customer and program team members.
- Collaborate with PM to lead implementation planning with customer and program team members.
- Perform process improvement and documentation
- Document current process and conduct training with new engineering team members
- Ensure process adoption and adherence
- Recommend process and implementation improvements through automation implementation
- Provide onsite and remote guidance and support for program team members
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure approved & best practice design variables are met.
- Audit/Peer review customer configurations, Method of Procedure (MOP) and provide corrections while acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Work with command center and the Program Domain Architect to review all design and change window documentation met approved standards
- Qualified candidates will have 5 to 7 years of program and technical lead experience
- Migration experience working with Nexus 7K, 5K, and 2K and Catalyst 9Ks, 4510s, 4507s, 3850s
- General knowledge of network functionality of wireless, firewalls, and cable management preferred
- CCIE certification is preferred
- This candidate must have GRIT: guts, resilience, industriousness, and tenacity to drive high quality to a demanding customer whose mission is to impact the quality of health for its community.
- This candidate must be a clear communicator, written and verbal, that can help direct technical conversations representing WWT in front of the customer.
- Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or seven to ten years equivalent network engineering experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
WWT will consider for employment, without regard to disability, a disabled applicant who satisfies the requisite skill, experience, education, and other job-related requirements of the job and is capable of performing the essential requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. World Wide Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please call 1-800-432-7008 and ask for Human Resources.