Program Management Intern
- Posted: over a month ago
Jump-start a career in foreign affairs, international relations and global business! Internships at the World Trade Center Institute offer unique hands-on experience and unparalleled networking opportunities. As an intern, you will gain insight into the world of non-profits and international business, learn from industry leaders and get to know about the local professional and business community. All interns are assigned real life tasks and given professional titles and business cards to be used throughout the semester. WTCI’s interns attend all of our prestigious events and get a chance to practice valuable networking skills. Some of our best interns go on to full-time positions with many of our clients – some of Maryland’s most prestigious institutions.
Assist in Program Management activities including:
- Participate in the process of developing and executing the Emerging & Developing Global Executives (EDGE) Program, Global Pathways for Students (GPS), and Youth Diplomats sessions management and logistics;
- Research and learn about Maryland’s top international companies and industries;
- Utilize client management database, such as Salesforce and Access;
- Perform research on strategic alliances and potential new sources of revenue building for the EDGE, GPS, and Youth Diplomats Programs;
- Assist with EDGE, GPS and Youth Diplomats participant retention and composition analysis;
- Communicate with potential participants and sponsors;
- Attend WTCI networking events;
- Other miscellaneous duties related to WTCI networking events, or EDGE, GPS and Youth Diplomats sessions
- Attend all WTCI networking events
- Other miscellaneous duties
- Interested in working with emerging global executives and learning about Baltimore’s international business community;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional communication and attitude;
- Analytical skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. word and excel);
- Comfortable with working in a small virtual environment.
How does it work?
The Summer Internship semester will run from Wednesday, June 1, 2022, to Wednesday, August 31, 2022. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. Positions are unpaid, however, a stipend of $85 per month is granted for parking expenses. Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply. This internship is not suitable for people with too much labor market experience. Longer than a semester internships are encouraged and arrangements can be made with the respective manager depending on the department’s needs. All interns will design an end-of-semester presentation which will be presented to WTCI staff.
– College Credit
– Professional references upon good performance
– Unique networking opportunities
– Participation in all WTCI events
– Personalized Business Cards
– Interaction with business executives and foreign diplomats
– Access to the Top of the World Observation level
The Application Process:
Intern Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and answer the four questions below (2 starred and 2 of your choice that are not-starred) via the application. The cover letter should clearly state the position the applicant is applying for, the semester of interest, the approximate date on which he/she would be available to begin work, if selected and why you would be a good fit for the position desired. WTCI will invite 3-5 applicants for each position for an interview. After the interviews, WTCI will notify all interns regardless of the outcome.
Internships at WTCI are quite competitive. The top three to five applicants will be invited for an interview by each manager in charge of the different departments. Each manager might interview at different times, so there is no set interview week. After the interviews, WTCI will notify selected interns.
World Trade Center Institiute
EducationView all jobs at World Trade Center Institiute