Bookkeeper & Office Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The World Trade Center Institute (WTCI) seeks an experienced, innovative part-time Bookkeeper and Office Manager.
Founded in 1989, the World Trade Center Institute (WTCI) is a non-profit organization committed to international business growth while balancing social good. WTCI is the largest international business organization in the mid-Atlantic, bringing together top global business executives from some of the world’s most iconic brands.
For more than 30 years, WTCI has connected and empowered globally minded leaders to collaborate, innovate, drive international business growth, and enhance society through our professional development programs, speaking series, fellowships, events, and conferences. WTCI is part of the more than 300 World Trade Center network organizations spanning 130 countries, serves in the World Bank Private Sector Liaison Officers Network across 100 countries, and has been a key partner with the US State Department for more than 20 years.
WTCI is a people-first organization and offers a professionally challenging and rewarding work environment. We are looking for innovative, creative, high-energy, and talented professionals that have a passion for enhancing international business, driving a positive impact on global communities, and developing and transforming business leaders.
The World Trade Center Institute is currently seeking a part-time Bookkeeper and Office Manager.
This individual will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance & IT.
ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
- Perform day-to-day functions of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Input accounts payable transactions into QuickBooks and ensure correct account coding
- Review financial transactions for accuracy
- Make deposits and record all cash receipts into QuickBooks
- Prepare finance analyses, reports, and statements
- Track and collect outstanding receivables/AR
- Assist in the monthly and annual accounting close processes
- Assist in the preparation of QuickBooks files for submission to CPA
- Receive and review bills to prepare and submit for payment approval
- Manage and update vendor accounts (ACH information, address, email)
- Reconcile and record ticket sales from Stripe to QuickBooks
- Assist in the reconciliation of QuickBooks and Salesforce, working as a team with program managers
- Assist in creating and maintaining financial graphs and spreadsheets related to sources of revenues and revenue/expenses.
- Assist in creating and maintaining financial ratios and threshold triggers
- Assist in creating and maintaining income statement projections by program including historical data
- Generate financial reports as needed
- Assist with updating and reconciling the Executive Report
- Assist with the annual audit
- Develop and enhance processes within the accounting team
- General filing and other duties as needed
- Maintain office inventory, supplies, and asset management as needed
- Act as the point of contact for all deliveries to the office
- Receptionist duties of answering the phone and taking messages for staff
- Prepare the conference room and technology for staff, as needed
- Perform data entry and administrative duties
- Setup conference room and virtual meeting prior to the start of monthly all staff meetings and quarterly business review meetings
- Develop and enhance processes within the operations team
- Support the Co-CEOs, as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will value and exhibit the following:
- Ambition: You are constantly looking for ways to be better and improve the program.
- Curiosity: You enjoy learning about your craft and staying up to date with the latest developments.
- Teamwork: You work well with others and value the contributions of your colleagues.
- Self-motivated: You push yourself to do better and proactively seek new ways to bring value to WTCI, Maryland, and the global community.
- Accountability: When you make mistakes, you own them, learn from them and grow from them.
- Adaptability: You are able to pivot and make changes quickly when necessary.
- Proficient in QuickBooks with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Minimum of 25 hours, on-site work
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1-2 years of professional work experience with a track record of effective program management and accomplishments; completion of advanced degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, and CRM database (ideally Salesforce)
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Impeccable writing and spoken communication skills
- Create an environment that encourages a sense of urgency, results ownership, passion for the mission, trust, and collaboration
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
WTCI values work-life balance and offers work structures designed to maximize our impact and results while helping our team members balance their lives outside of work.
- 4-day work week, M-Th (Minimum of 25 hours per week required)
- On-site requirement
- Accrued Paid time off (PTO) – Up to 6 days of paid time off
- Additional paid time off (PTO) – December and July 4th Holiday weeks closure, holidays (MLK Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving), and birthday
- Annual subscriptions: LinkedIn Learning, New York Times, WTCI Resource Library & Training, and more
- Paid parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- Company-paid retreats and social events
- Training and professional development
- Career growth mapping and plan
- Volunteering opportunities
- Company matching donations opportunities
- Paid parking
- On-site gym access
**Please note: All employees and future employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are legally entitled to an accommodation.**
World Trade Center Institiute
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Institutional Trader jobs daily straight to your inbox!