We are looking for a qualified candidate to work as a full-time Enterprise Data Architect / Sr. Applications Architect on-site for a Government client in Washington, District of Columbia. The time frame for this engagement is 11 months, with the possibility of additional time for permanent employment. The Architect will assist our end client with the design and implementation of effective and efficient data infrastructure and data movement solutions. The candidate must demonstrate deep Data Management background combined with technical and data expertise to build the Enterprise Data Management discipline on how best to manage unique data assets, build upon an existing foundational experience of data cleanse, business Intelligence, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL), Data Warehouse (DW). The ideal candidate should possess extensive experience in data mining/modeling.
The candidate must have a minimum of (1) a Microsoft PowerApps + Dynamics 365 Developer Associate Certification; (2) a PowerApps + Dynamics 365 Solution Architect Expert Certification; (3) a Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate Certification; and (4) a Microsoft Azure Data Scientist Associate Certification within 90 days of employment.
NOTE: MUST be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Location: Washington, DC
- Maintain the Enterprise Data Architecture Strategy and Reference Data Architecture.
- Define a Roadmap for implementing the Enterprise Data Architecture Strategy and Reference Data Architecture.
- Conduct Data Product/Platform reviews and evaluations.
- Define & maintain Data Architecture Policies, Processes, Standards and Best practices.
- Create Conceptual data models and review Logical, Physical and Canonical data models.
- Review and approve Relational, Object/Document-based and Analytics data models
- Responsible for Reference data management, Business intelligence reporting, Predictive/Reactive decision support, Business rules management, Logical data warehouse, Data marts, Data migrations, ETL and Archiving.
- Governance over Data validation and system Operations.
- Demonstrate strong expertise in establishing Data Analytics environments (incl. related integration, governance, automated deployments, infrastructure, Metrics (KPIs)).
- Demonstrate proven track record in developing Cloud Data Strategies, Best Practices and Standards.
- Demonstrate deep experience working in Multi-Cloud and Cloud environments, especially Microsoft Azure.
- Experience working with technology staff at all levels, including developers, database administrators, application experts, and especially in a DevOps structure.
- Demonstrate Technical understanding of Emerging Technologies Cloud, Data streaming, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence etc.
Minimum Required Skills & Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or in a related field or equivalent work experience and practical knowledge.
- 10+ years of direct experience in the design, development and implementation of enterprise data solutions
- 3+ years of experience with Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing such as Power BI, SSIS and Azure Data Lake.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL, Microsoft data management tools, Informatica, OLAP, OLTP, PL SQL, SQL Server, Cubes and other data technologies.
- 4+ years of experience with SDLC implementations of a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) Solution.
- 4+ years of experience in Customer Data Management or Master Data Management (MDM).
- 4+ years of experience in model-driven development and UML.
- 4+ years of experience with the public, private, and/or hybrid cloud implementations.
- 4+ years of experience in Data migrations, Data transformation, Data Governance, Data Retention, Data Storage, and Data Service Integration, ETL, EDW, Microsoft SQL server Stack.
- Experience with Broad based Data Management-Systems integration: Legacy upgrades/Data Migrations/Document Management or Systems Conversions.
Certifications (Required within 90 days of Employment):
- Microsoft PowerApps + Dynamics 365 Developer Associate Certification
- PowerApps + Dynamics 365 Solution Architect Expert Certification
- Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate Certification
- Microsoft Azure Data Scientist Associate Certification