We are looking for full-time Communication/Training Specialist on-site for a Government client in Washington, District of Columbia. The Training Specialist will be responsible for utilizing advanced product and industry knowledge to deliver high quality training to clients. The Training Specialist coordinates and offers on-the-job training and orientation meetings for employees to help them improve, maintain or learn new skills. Responsible for planning continuing education and personal development sessions for employees by collaborating with managers and supervisors on which topics employees need more training on. The team develops training programs that align to the company goals and creates reference and training documentation that is accurate, complete, accessible, and up-to-date for users. The Training Specialist provides training and documentation support, including the coordination, facilitation, and presentation of training.
In addition to any required training, you shall identify skills gaps and enhancements to promote efficient and optimal operations, on-boarding, cross-training, and other needs arising from new Government policies, security protocols, IT systems, or other changes that affect the operations.
NOTE: MUST be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify client needs and develop effective training agendas
- Prepare, execute and evaluate targeted internal and external education and communication plans and projects to Federal Program Agencies, working independently and in teams as assigned.
- Conduct individual and group training for new and existing clients
- Provide training, both in-person and remotely as needed, for clients and internal staff. Training responsibilities include customization of training agenda to meet trainee needs; preparation of data and materials for training; and execution of training in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works extensively with business partners and SME’s to perform needs analysis, develop learning objectives and course design deliverables that meet learner and organizational needs.
- Proactively manage reports and troubleshoot issues that occur in the system during course material development and pre-training testing.
- Developing training activities, courses, and other learning events.
- Act as primary communications contributor on project teams and at meetings, providing insights, expertise, status updates, and other information as necessary to ensure the needs and the experience of the customer are properly addressed
- Help design and execute communication plans, utilizing digital, modern communications methods where necessary to deliver engaging content and meet campaign goals
- Monitoring assigned training activities and assists in the completion of needs assessment, development, and delivery of courses, evaluation activities, and preparation of the course and classroom materials.
- Maintain learning management system
Minimum Required Skills & Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is strong preferred ( Instructional Design, Training & Development, Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications, Knowledge Management or Healthcare Administration)
- 3 - 5 years of experience creating and using training and development and knowledge management strategies to support organizational programs.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office suite and e learning authoring tool.
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal, written and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with clients with a high level of professionalism
- Experienced in developing training programs.
- Developing and adopting new/revised training and testing materials for formal course use.
- Coordinates training support needed including equipment, space, and staffing requirements for training programs.