Marketing and Communications Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
World Savvy is reimaging a different reality for the future of K12 education. A reality where students know more, care more, and do more to contribute to a more peaceful, sustainable, and just world. We can only rise to meet our biggest challenges if our students learn to think through complex problems and design solutions from a global perspective. Problem-solving, comfort with ambiguity, collaboration, empathy, and critical thinking — are all essential tools in today's global knowledge economy. And a big part of educational equity is ensuring all students have access to those tools.
Founded in 2002, World Savvy is a leading national education nonprofit that partners holistically with schools to transform learning environments into inclusive, adaptive, and future-ready schools. Our multi-year Comprehensive School Partnerships are designed collaboratively with school leaders to align with each building’s strategic vision and goals. We have offices in Minneapolis (largest) and San Francisco. Learn more at www.worldsavvy.org.
World Savvy Values:
We do the best work possible in service of our mission.
We believe collaboration is essential.
We see people as whole human beings.
We intentionally grow and change.
We lean into complexity when it’s called for.
We believe big things are possible, whether that’s our mission or the project on the table.
We notice and disrupt exclusionary patterns.
We bring hope, joy, and a sense of aspiration into all that we do.
The Marketing and Communications Associate assists in the execution of World Savvy’s strategic marketing and communication goals. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and collaborates with the department’s Digital Marketing Manager and business owners across the organization to help meet organizational objectives.
Schedule: Full time and limited nights and weekends
Salary range: $22.16 - $24.51/hour
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Projected Start Date: February 1 - 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Location: Based in Minneapolis, MN
Travel Requirements: Up to 5 - 10% local and/or regional travel (school based); minimal national travel expected.
Work Environment: World Savvy is a hybrid work environment and work location and requirements vary by role and task; employees may choose to work remotely 1-2 days per week with the approval of their direct supervisor. World Savvy headquarters in Minneapolis is a typical co-working office space. The co-working space can be noisy at times. Noise cancelling headphones, privacy booths and conference rooms available for use when quiet or privacy is needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Graphic design. Use Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and Canva to design print and digital collateral. Coordinate with print and mailing vendor specifications to ensure quality.
- Lead webmaster in WordPress for all website edits and changes. Collaborate on the execution of a website redesign process with the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate on content creation and visual assets with the Digital Marketing Manager for World Savvy’s social media channels.
- Maintain the Marketing and Communications Calendar in Asana to account for key deadlines and deliverables across the organization.
- Help execute strategic email marketing campaigns in Pardot with the Digital Marketing Manager and business owners across the organization.
- Manage and organize branded collateral at World Savvy’s headquarters to ensure internal departments have access to materials they need for external events and strategic partnerships.
- Previous experience in a marketing or communications function through employment or internship opportunities is required.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for print and digital design.
- Excellent grammar, composition, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with WordPress and basic understanding of HTML/CSS is a plus.
- Understanding of changing technologies, and ability to successfully utilize digital and other channels in integrated marketing and communication strategies.
- Results-driven style, personal accountability, and excellent time management skills.
- Must have a strong commitment to learning and participating in World Savvy’s diversity, equity and inclusion, and justice efforts.
- Nonprofit and/or education experience is a plus, but not required.
- A work ethic consistent with World Savvy’s culture: sharp attention to detail; track record of being highly organized, responsive, and team-oriented; ability to accurately set and consistently meet commitments; proven success in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstration of the highest level of personal integrity and commitment to excellence.
This position requires the ability to:
- Constantly remain in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods
- Occasionally move about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite to another
- Constantly communicate with others to exchange information
- Constant use of a computer keyboard and mouse, repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Occasional operation of office equipment, such as printers, copiers, and scanners
- Constant assessment of the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Applying for the Position:
Please apply online here: https://worldsavvy.bamboohr.com/careers/48, Please include a resume, cover letter, and a design portfolio featuring original designs for a variety of mediums across social media, printed collateral, email marketing campaigns, website, and/or advertising.. If you have questions that would affect your interest in applying, please e-mail email@example.com. Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and must disclose if they require sponsorship for a visa at the time of application or in the future.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
World Savvy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at World Savvy, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to: age; ancestry; color; creed; domestic violence victim status; gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status); genetic information; marital status; medical condition; military and veteran status; national origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; protected medical leaves (requesting or approved for leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act or the California Family Rights Act); race (including traits that are historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles, including braids, locks, and twists); religion; sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions); sexual orientation; status with regard to public assistance; or any other protected categories under applicable federal, state and local law in which World Savvy operates.
World Savvy Covid-19 Approach:
World Savvy is currently a hybrid work environment depending on the role and tasks. This is reviewed on a periodic basis, with staff provided 30 days of notification of any changes. Work environments may include: work from anywhere, work in-person/office, and work in the community.
In accordance with World Savvy’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free from known hazards, its commitment to health and safety, and the concerns of its community, we are adopting a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees and clients. This policy will comply with state and federal law, and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities, as applicable and as updated from time to time. As an eligible state and federal contractor, World Savvy will comply with the COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all federal contractors and continue to follow the CDC guidance as it relates to vaccinations and booster shots, reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case by case basis. World Savvy will ask for proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?