We are an exciting start-up company founded by proven leaders with repeated success in the technology space. Our newest company is developing a cryptocurrency platform based on an open-source third generation blockchain that we’re creating. Our goal is to set a new standard in security and protection for our end users and community.
We’re looking for a systems Security Engineer who combines software and systems engineering to help build secure large-scale, scalable, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems for the Crypto market place. Reporting directly to the VP of infrastructure, Operations and CISO, the System Security Engineer makes sure that WON’s services, both internal and externally-visible systems are secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardening against attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber-security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Interest in securing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale Crypto distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Prior experience with Chaos engineering
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- 8 days personal leave
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and FSA
- Free shuttles between Caltrain Menlo Park and office
- Gym on site, accessible 24/7
- Located on corner of Marsh Road and 101, by the Dumbarton Bridge exit.
- Loads more!