Accounting Specialist-Mergers & Acquisitions
- Posted: over a month ago
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented; well organized, able to interact with varying levels of employees and cross functional departments; can work efficiently in a rapid-paced environment.
- Coordination (or preparation) of financial reporting for newly acquired companies
- Analyze financial statements from assigned acquisitions
- Document and track results against budget and follow up with assigned acquisitions
- Work with and train assigned agencies on centralized accounting procedures, follow up on conversion status, and ensure complete integration
- Building relationships with newly acquired accounting staff to ensure smooth transition to World’s financial platform
- Obtain business variance explanations for deviations from budget
- Preparation and mapping of month end journal entries to World’s General Ledger
- Possible initial bookkeeping for assigned acquisitions
- Preparing month-end reconciliations of financial statements to support accounting records,
- Prepare adhoc requested accounting schedules related to finance and company operations
- Work with other team members to meet deadlines set by management and lenders
- Meet with other administrative disciplines to ensure successful onboarding and integration endeavors
- Other responsibilities may be assigned according to needs of the Finance department and requirements of owners, management and lenders.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting
- CPA is a plus but not required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting with insurance industry experience ideal
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point) required
- Proficient in P&L analytics
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work in a constantly changing environment
- Must be able to clearly communicate accounting principles and apply them to new acquired agencies
- Ability to research new accounting principles and apply them to the Company
- Able to travel if required
Equal Employment Opportunity
At World Insurance Associates (WIA), we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products, and our community to flourish. WIA is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or Veteran status. In addition, WIA makes reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Powered by JazzHR
World Insurance Associates, LLC.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?