MUST BE SPANISH SPEAKING
- General office - Help answer phone, responding to emails/client questions, order supplies, filling orders, packaging / shipping, organization. – Update internal/external communications, work forms.
- Prepares, collects, and processes all documents related to employment changes (new hires, status changes, separations, etc); ensures accurate and timely data entry; completes on-boarding and off-boarding activities.
- Maintains current and accurate knowledge on human resources programs/policies, especially benefit programs, to provide first level response to employee requests and monitor the department's email inbox; escalates issues as needed.
- Partners with the Payroll/AP department to ensure employee status and benefit changes are accurate and timely for payroll processing; prepares and submits invoices for payment.
- Maintains the Human Resources
- Participates in departmental strategic planning and program evaluation by researching policies, benefits, training, and related human resources issues.
- Supports the annual open enrollment process in all aspects
- Assists with system upgrades or implementations..
- Assists with vacation and other accruals.
- Routine employment verification; unemployment claims; etc.
- Conducts new hire onboarding (processes including but not limited to drug testing and e-verify) and off boarding processes both regular and temporary labor
- Assists with the format and coordination and/or the proofing of training material, policy and procedure, benefit and new hire materials, guidebooks and forms; offer content or process recommendations.
- Compiles data and/or formats data to complete the many and various required audits: EEOC, State & Local, Worker’s Comp, etc.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Place and manage job postings, complete reference checks and schedule candidate interview and phone screenings.
- Assists with prep and setup/tear down of employee events of all types. Partner with HR Manager to facilitate cross functional teams and committees.
- Coordinates the scheduling of regular communications
- Active with safety, safety committee, OSHA 300 Log and other loss/asset prevention programs and initiatives.
- Able to effectively process and prioritize initial worker’s compensation claims, accident and incident reports.
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Human Resources.
• Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; must be able to manage time and workload effectively to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a complex environment; a proven problem-solver with the ability to respond quickly and accurately.
• An adept user of technology with a mastery of Microsoft Office products; prior experience with HR systems, including Quickbooks.
• Exceptional inter-personal skills with a focus on customer-service supporting