World Class Property Company is growing and we're adding to our Construction team! We are seeking full time Skilled Laborers to work on commercial job sites in Kansas City and surrounding markets .
The Skilled Laborer is responsible for performing tasks involving heavy physical labor at commercial and residential construction sites. Under general supervision the laborer completes portions of all phases of construction as needed, cleans and prepares sites, operates a variety of hand and power tools to complete assigned tasks, cleans up rubble and debris, and removes waste materials. The Skilled Laborer may also pick up and distribute tools and materials to various job sites.
Some of the essential duties of this position:
- Performs heavy physical labor
- Assists in building structures for commercial and residential construction sites.
- Participates in demolitions
- Uses spray guns for application of material to ceilings or walls, applies caulking compounds by hand or using caulking guns.
- Erects concrete forms and scaffolding
- Mops, brushes, or spreads paints, cleaning solutions or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding, braces, barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures
- Provides assistance to subcontractors
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards. Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards. Hauls materials to dump or recycle as appropriate.
- Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery, and tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations
- Related duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in commercial construction.
- Knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions; must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Ability to perform basic math including adding, subtracting, dividing, and multiplying and use these operations with money and units of measurement such as inch, foot, yard, ounce, and pound (or other metric counterparts.)
- Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance required.