- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
World Central Kitchen, Inc. (WCK) seeks a talented and committed Recruitment Specialist. This role will report to the Manager, Talent Acquisition. This role requires a sincere commitment to WCK’s mission, occasional work during nights, holidays, and weekends, and the flexibility to support our teams across multiple time zones.
This role requires a sincere commitment to WCK’s mission, occasional work during nights, holidays, and weekends, and the flexibility to support our teams across multiple time zones.
This role is intended to be a full-time hybrid exempt position based in Washington DC.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- This person engages in a consultative role and in this regard extensively interacts with hiring managers to understand hiring needs for talent and provides guidance on realistic expectations for acquiring such talent, and what the available level of talent is likely to be
- Consult and provide guidance to hiring managers concerning full lifecycle recruitment, including identifying position(s), determining job specifications, developing sourcing strategy, assessing talent, recommending candidates for hire, negotiating offer, and closing acceptance
- Act as expert advisor on sourcing, interviewing, and selection strategies and best practices
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in formulate search methodology and sources of potential candidates (e.g., proprietary database systems), and identify target pool of candidates through independent analysis and screening of prospective candidates
- Provide guidance to hiring manager relative to market salary data, organizational development opportunities (internal employees), and potential target pool of candidates, as well as which candidates on which to focus
- Make recommendations for hiring from pool of candidates from pool of talent identified and gathered by Recruiter
- Deliver a consistent, high-quality candidate and client experience through professionalism and integrity in all contact with applicants, hiring managers, and colleagues
- Consult with hiring leader to establish job specifications, qualifications and a realistic skills profile and establishing candidate ranking criteria in light of market conditions and available pools of talent, as known to Recruiter and based on exercise of discretion and independent judgment
- Review information provided by prospective talent, and assesses written qualification versus job specifications for appropriate skill sets to qualify or disqualify candidates
- Conducts pre-screening interviews based on criteria developed specifically for that role or position
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate candidates against job requirements, and criteria jointly established through consultation with hiring leader, engage candidates on the opportunity and select best qualified candidates for the hiring leader
- Deploy as needed occasionally to activations including internationally
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Demonstrated success recruiting mid or senior level candidates
- Excellent relationship-building with consultative and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with diplomacy and tact with staff
- Ability to think strategically about recruiting and use proactive approaches
- Demonstrated ability to create successful business partnerships with senior management
- Sound judgment with ability to make timely decisions, exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage deadlines
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Significant experience with an applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Alignment with the mission and values of WCK
- Must be able to deploy occasionally including internationally at short notice
- Must have U.S. work authorization
- Must have valid passport
Preferred candidates will also have be proficient in other languages, written and verbal, and have volunteer experience.
Application & Cover Letter
This application requires a cover letter that explains your interest in this position and in working for WCK. Applications without a letter will not be considered. Please apply early as we will consider applications on a rolling basis and may stop accepting new applications without notice.
References and Background Checks
To help ensure the safety of our communities and our teams, our selection process will include reference and background checks, subject to any legal or regulatory requirements.
WCK is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity and to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment at this time.
For US based employment, WCK participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. Please view the E-Verify posters here with important information.
Para empleados en los EEUU, WCK participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Haz clic aquí para ver los carteles de E-Verify con información importante.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
WCK offers competitive compensation and great benefits including:
- Zero premium medical, dental, and vision plans including for dependents within 30 days
- 403(b) retirement account with 50% match up to 8% of employee salary deferrals within 30 days
- 100% employer-sponsored group life and disability insurance within 30 days
- Responsible Paid Time Off which includes vacation, sick, and personal leave plus paid holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Annual salary reviews and other benefits as detailed in the Personnel Manual
World Central KitchenWashington, DC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.