Currently we are seeking a highly motivated Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselor. The Drug and Alcohol Counselor will be responsible for the design, development and coordinate of the Alcohol and Other Drugs of Abuse Prevention/Intervention Program.
Essential Responsibilities are listed below:
- Designs, develops and implements all programs related to substance use and abuse prevention and intervention in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant and Health Services staff, center physician and Center Director.
- Coordinates all programs designed to reduce and eliminate substance use and abuse.
- Conducts in-service training sessions with both staff and students in all areas related to substance use and abuse.
- Submits recommendations to the Academy Director for medical terminations related to substance misuse and abuse in conjunction with the Mental Health Consultant, center physician, Health and Wellness Administrator, etc.
- Monitors behavior and progress of students involved in the Alcohol and Other Drugs of Abuse Prevention/Intervention Program.
- Maintains confidential reports and records on all referrals and cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field.
- Must have state certification in alcohol and drug counseling.
- Three years of work-related experience.
- Prefer Master’s degree and previous experience with disadvantaged youth, particularly in a residential setting.
- Knowledgeable in the area of alcohol and other drugs of abuse intervention programs