Accounting and Human Resources Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Workshop/APD is an award-winning multidisciplinary design and architecture firm. From sleek penthouses and seaside retreats to luxury residential developments, groundbreaking hotels and restaurants, and product designs with best-in-class partners, our work is defined by a sense of place and purpose and a desire to enhance user experience through exceptional design. Our aesthetic is timelessly modern but site-specific, unbound by project type or a singular style. Our diverse, collaborative team of architects, interior designers and product designers leverage vast and highly varied experience to solve complex design challenges, resulting in spaces that are exceptionally beautiful and accessible. Above all Workshop/APD advocates for beautiful, impactful, modern design at every scale, and our materials are no exception.
We are looking for an entry level assistant to provide support in the day-to-day operations of the functional areas of Accounting and Human Resources (HR) which include accounts payable, file management, bank deposits, recruitment, onboarding, and benefits administration and other areas as needed. The assistant needs to be a well-organized and reliable individual that can multi-task and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an Accounting and HR department.
· Assist with Accounts Payable and other bookkeeping tasks.
· Prepare and make bank deposits.
· Perform basic office tasks such as data entry and processing mail.
· Reconciliation of the American Express statement.
· Assist in payroll function such as preparation and verification; perform periodic audits of payroll and benefit records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately; Resolve employee inquiries related to payroll.
· Assist with job postings, sourcing, and maintaining the Applicant Tracking System (ATS); Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
· Assist with the onboarding process for all new hires.
· Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of accounting and human resource files and records.
· Support the Accounting and Human Resources departments with administrative duties as necessary.
· Assisting with additional duties and projects, as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· Bookkeeping experience preferred.
· Minimum of one (1) year of administrative experience in Human Resources preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree or related education, preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Great attention to detail with critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Experience with ADP or other payroll system.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include medical, vision, profit sharing 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability, commuter benefits, and AXP reimbursement, discretionary bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days).
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Workshop/APD