We are currently recruiting for the position of Advanced Maintenance of Traffic Supervisor.
The Advanced Maintenance of Traffic Supervisor supervises and maintains traffic within the limits of the project for the duration of the construction period.
This position requires demonstrable previous experience as a MOT Supervisor. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Description and Key Duties:
• Plan and develop maintenance programs, schedules, and timetables; assist in establishing and administering traffic maintenance policies and standards; communicate and direct implementation of changes in policies, standards and regulations to subordinates. You MUST have strong forecast ability and a tactful take charge attitude with insurable results. Be able to lift 50lbs and endure hands on management which includes standing for long periods at times.
• Plan, organize and supervise all equipment and materials needed to set-up, take down, maintain traffic control, and handle traffic-related situations
• Must be able to work independently and supervise staff on job sites as well as some lite physical work when needed.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of traffic control technicians and traffic control specialists; assign specific projects and monitor activities to ensure compliance. You will have detailed experience in working with various law enforcement and transportation agencies.
• Control and allocate available resources; prioritize projects based on greatest need and monitor budget to allow maximum utilization of resources.
• Facilitate and integrate traffic maintenance activities; serve as liaison with utilities and districts in order to develop and maintain cooperation and project coordination.
• Provides technical assistance in preparing project specifications.
• Review existing operations; develop and make recommendations on improved methods and procedures for traffic maintenance activities.
• Provide verbal and written status reports and special reports as needed.
• Maintain regular, punctual attendance during regularly scheduled work hours at assigned worksite.
• Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Vision sufficient to read diagrams, manuals reports, rules and regulations.
• Job requires the following motions: often bending, hammering, stooping, pushing, pulling, squatting, driving and throwing.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds weight and be able to stand and work outside in adverse conditions. Walking and standing may occupy most of the workday.
• Use tools such as hand shovel, axe, brush hook, grade rod, sledgehammer, pick, mattock, posthole diggers.
• Must complete our supervisor’s training course and pass required testing
• The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
We are committed to excellence and professionalism; The Maintenance of Traffic Supervisor will be required to perform the job duties with a high level of professionalism (Advanced)
To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the Maintenance of Traffic Supervisor
• Have a high school diploma or GED and be able to read, write and complete work reports
• Hold a current valid FDOT M.O.T Certification and State of Florida Advanced Training for Worksite Traffic Supervisor certification
• Have at least 2 years of experience as a MOT (Maintenance of Traffic) Foreman in highway construction.
• Provide and maintain valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history
• Have a negative drug test and continue to submit to random drug test as condition to maintain employment
• Have an acceptable criminal background check
• Work as a team member
Work Horse Temps is a certified Business” by the State of Florida and Georgia. We are a “100% Certified Minority Owned Business” by the City of Orlando and the State of Florida (MBE) as well as pending confirmation of status by the National Minority Supplier Development Council. We are a (FDOT-DBE) part of the Florida (UCP) and (GOAA) fully certified with (LDB)and (ACDBE) certifications as well. We have earned our Service Disabled Vet Biz certification by the Veterans Administration. We are also certified as a Service disabled combat veteran owned business bythe Federal government, Orange county Florida and the state of Florida (SDVOB). We hold active memberships with many other veterans, minority, national and local trade organizations. Work Horse Temps is an E-Verify employer. We also administer background and drug testing for all applicants per our client’s request. Work Horse Temps provides Direct hire, Skilled/ Semi and General labor Temp Labor with all burden covered. We can administer Pay rolling / Workers comp burden assistance for small business in need. Work Horse Temps currently services the entire South Eastern United States, all of Florida and Texas. Work Horse Temps is also (GDOT-DBE),(MBE) and (ACDBE) in the state of Georgia. Work Horse Temps is also an active member of the "Blue Book" with listings in the North & Central Florida and Georgia additions.