Provides one to one assistance, planning, and scheduling for the specialized accounts. Additional responsibility is required to support other direct customer inquiries as needed.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.)
- Provides daily account maintenance/customer support for special accounts.
- Data Entry on Customer web based routing system.
- Confers with managers / supervisors to obtain data required for planning and scheduling work in progress.
- Schedules transportation through customer routing requirements.
- Assists Shipping Supervisor daily on shipment progress to resolve problems and to ensure timely completion of work.
- Prepares and distributes required daily reports.
- Provides tracking information to Corporate and customers regarding rush shipments.
- Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- A commitment to company-wide quality and safety is required.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to communicate with management and co-workers in order to meet departmental goals.
- Strong typing and computer skills – Proficient on MS Office Products. Familiarity with JDE is a plus.
- Ability to maintain strong attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofreading materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to multi-task and follow through on action items.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED required.
· At least one year experience in customer service required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use repetitive hand motions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach overhead, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift up to 50 pounds.