Exciting Job Opportunity - Immediate Start!! Workforce Logiq is seeking talented Video QA Analyst - VOD/Live TV. The Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the architecture and delivery of VOD and Live content streamed across over 15 platforms. Video Quality Assurance is an extremely important aspect of the team's success. This role will collaborate with multiple teams to deliver the best possible product to process and program live content on web pages, mobile platforms, and OTT devices for one of our premier online content network, Entertainment clients located in Burbank, CA.
If you have experience with Video on demand or live video streaming in app and website based products, then please apply now and take your career to the next level. Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm, a dedication to meeting deadlines and producing high quality results are a must. The candidate must be able to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple stakeholders, and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines. This position requires nights and weekends shifts.
- 6-Month Contract (09/07/20-03/07/21) with potential to extend but this is highly dependent on budget and workload
- Client is seeking resources who can start immediately only
- Required Work Schedule is Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM -6:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
- Position will start remote but then full time onsite will be mandatory once the office reopens
- There will be lots of opportunity for overtime especially with a new season and other initiatives that are in the pipeline
- Only local resources to Burbank, CA please apply
- Must have 3 years of QA streaming experience and hands-on experience/knowledge of OTT platforms.
IMPORTANT NOTE: "Client is NOT seeking candidates that are heavy in back-end infrastructure. They would like to see front-end streaming experience with different platforms."Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for video testing across multiple platforms and projects, including regression testing, smoke testing, and ad hoc testing. We are looking for someone who is experienced with agile scrum methodology and can be an active participant in all scrum rituals. In addition to being a representative from the video operations team, you will work closely with product management and engineering. This role requires going beyond running test cases, as it will be responsible for ensuring the requirements of the video operations team are being met.
Upcoming new features on client's App
Back-end video infrastructure changes
4K Video testing
- Regression and ad hoc testing daily builds
- Testing Video Players and other video related projects
- Writing bugs and verifying fixes from developers
- Actively participating in daily team meetings
- Working with Product and Project managers to set timelines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of QA streaming (VOD & "Live TV") experience and hands-on experience/knowledge of OTT platforms
- JIRA ticketing systems (or other bug ticketing software) experience as well as experience using Gmail calendars & Slack
- Charles proxy testing (network traffic software - highly preferred) but experience with similar systems is okay (ie. WireShark) - As long as you have used the dev tools that are built into browsers and have experience reading network logs
- Must have proficient experience with both MAC & PC operating systems
- Active experience with Agile Scrum methodology
- Must be able to take ownership of your own work
Very high attention to detail
Ability to juggle multiple projects
Desire to learn the backend process of video delivery
- Experience working in a media entertainment environment with multiple stakeholders and distributed teams
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and challenged by accountability
- Excellent internal client management and communication/ interpersonal skills
- Passion for and knowledge of interactive technology and platforms required
- Experience working with mobile technologies (mobile development, APIs)
- Experience with troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues for streaming video
Workforce Logiq is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Join our IQ Talent Network . Connect with us for future open positions.