Scientist - Cell Culture and Molecular Cloning
Workforce Genetics Gaithersburg, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Scientist will join R&D teams to support studies in the areas of new product development and existing product support. He/she will focus on mammalian cell culture and molecular biology. This position reports to the Director, Discovery Research.
- Responsible for maintaining cultures of frequently used suspension and adherent cell lines.
- Responsible for plasmid cloning, transformation, amplification, and purification.
- Responsible for general molecular biological techniques and assays.
- Responsible for Adenoviral vector infection, viral titer measurement, and viral stock maintenance.
- Uses established protocols and applies technical standards, principles, and techniques to the execution of scientific studies with moderate supervision.
- Documents experimental design, details, and results in a laboratory notebook.
- Write protocols and reports to accurately capture studies and data.
- Establish and follow all research lab standard operating procedures and safety procedures.
- Understand and work within the appropriate level of regulatory compliance in the execution of work responsibilities.
- Contribute scientific concepts and potential solutions to problems related to vaccine development.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and work equally well as an individual and part of a team.
- BS with 3-5 years or MS with 0-2 years relevant industry experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique is required.
- Experience in PCR, ELISA, and molecular cloning is preferred.
ScienceView all jobs at Workforce Genetics