- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Veterans Specialist Account Manager connects veterans, service members, and military families to stable, meaningful employment. The Veteran Specialist Account Manager also refers veterans to partner organizations for additional services, such as benefits, education, housing, and healthcare.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ensure that identification and priority of service policies are implemented by all Workforce center staff to reach current veteran customers
• Conduct one-on-one screenings with veterans for job and training opportunities across the system
• Distribute promotional materials and electronic communication aimed at enrolling new and reengaging qualified veteran customers
• Provide on-the-ground and virtual outreach to community partners for targeted sourcing and recruitment events
• Host virtual and in-person veteran-focused recruitment events and manage screening and interviews • Perform re-engagement services
• Track effectiveness of recruitment strategies
• Career Development
• Conduct one-on-one assessments and advisement, including resume review and counseling
• Connect to resources and workshops for veterans, including Single Stop, DOL Local Veteran Employment Representatives (LVER) and Disabled Veteran Outreach Program (DVOP) Specialists
• Connect to resources and workshops for employment and/or barriers to employment with community partner
• Other duties as assigned
Work and Education Experience:
• BA or BS degree
• 2-3 years’ experience in recruiting, sales, job development or account management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent strategic thinking, communication and interpersonal skills
Workforce 1Why Work Here?
We are NYC's primary job recruitment and referral center. If you fit the requirements, we can get you an interview!
400 East Fordham RdNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Workforce 1