Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Our Corporate Communications team is looking for a talented, energetic team player to join our growing public relations program. We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter with a passion for technology, a strategic mind, strong relationship-building skills, and a track record of executing successful public relations, strategic communications, or product marketing programs. The ideal candidate must have experience in a fast paced environment and the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities.
The Senior ProductPublic Relations Managerwill be responsible for developing PR programs that showcase the unique solutions, technologies, and teams that comprise Workday's industry-leading applications. They will be an ambitious collaborator, who brings fresh ideas, smart questions, and an entrepreneurial spirit to how we communicate our product stories to our key stakeholders. The candidate will be someone who is creative, an excellent communicator, and a strong writer. This position plays a critical role on a fast-paced communications team, and the candidate needs to be prepared to skillfully manage programs from strategic planning through tactical execution.
- Build, maintain, and value positive relationships with the media, influencers, and analysts.
- Work closely with product marketing, content, and strategy teams to develop and execute public relations plans to support Workday products and technologies.
- Develop unique stories and programs that spotlight Workday products through product launches and regular, day-to-day PR activities.
- Represent the communications/PR team in cross-functional teams to ensure alignment around business objectives and to advance broader company initiatives.
- Work as key member of the broader corporate communications team, offering collaboration, ideas, and support beyond the products.
- Help manage day-to-day relationship with external public relations agency.
Qualifications and Background:
- 8-10 years of public relations experience. Experience in enterprise software/technology either in-house or with an agency is strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand technology and translate into public relations strategies, messaging, and compelling stories.
- Excellent written communicator with an understanding of how to create content that reaches audiences across paid, earned, and owned channels.
- Strong strategic thinking, solving, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships with the media and influencers.
- Understanding of how social media and content creation translate into resources for journalists, bloggers, and other influencers.
- Solid organizational skills: proven capability to manage everything from strategy to details
- Periodic travel is required.