Architectural Job Captain / Junior Designer
Workbench Santa Cruz, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
A bit about us:
Workbench is a develop+design+build company dedicated to helping solve California’s housing crisis. This means creating housing and community places that are more affordable, more equitable, and well-designed for both human well-being and environmental sustainability. We build many housing types, from single-family homes to ADUs to small and large-scale multi-family housing and mixed-use projects, as well as build-out commercial spaces. Our specialty is creating housing that is more environmentally sustainable, including by using Passive House standards, and more affordable. We do this with increased effectiveness and efficiency in part by integrating development, design, and construction management in one company.
We are a team of experienced multi-family, commercial, and residential builders, developers, designers, and architects. This person will need to have the ability to integrate into a design/build company and be able to wear multiple hats.
We are looking for an Architectural Job Captain / Junior Designer that has a Multi-family background, as these are a bulk of our workload. Large commercial projects are also a plus.
As the Architectural Job Captain for Workbench, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Creative design of residential, commercial spaces, and Multi-family subject to the overall Workbench vision
- Help maintain and create design templates and standards for architectural drawings and digital schematics
- Maintain working knowledge of California building codes, as well as all State, County, and City ordinances relating to the construction of residential and commercial buildings
- Maintain working knowledge of all zoning, fire, plumbing, electrical, structural, etc. codes and requirements relating to architectural design
- Prepare weekly summaries of building projects statuses and present to the team
- Work with the Workbench executive team in creating architectural plans that are both appealing, and within the budgeted amount for specified projects
- Communicate with City and County planning and building departments to ensure work meets their building requirements
- Communicate effectively with Clients and potential Clients, to determine the scope of work requested, and meet regularly to discuss modification of designs
- Utilize Microsoft Office products (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) for effective communication and presentation.
- Manage time effectively to complete required projects by pre-determined deadlines
- Represent Workbench in a positive light at all times
Skills Required - Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office - Excellent Written and Verbal Communication - Professionalism - Ability to be a team player - Previous multi-family work experience is a highly preferable.
189 Walnut Ave. Santa CruzSanta Cruz, CA
Arts and Entertainment