Imagine a supply chain planning career where you will enjoy the satisfaction that comes from contributing to the health and safety of front-line workers as well as the general public.
Join an industry leading global eyewear/eye care supplier and manufacturer that is ramping up their production of sanitizing wipes and striving to make a positive impact during the current health crisis.
Hilco Vision is searching for an experienced Supply Chain Planner to join their team in Plainville, MA.
If the following describes you, we want to hear from you:
- You have a BS degree in Supply Chain, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, or a related field, paired with up to ten years of experience in planning and/or supplying chain, including relevant internships and co-ops.
- With proficiency in the MS Office suite, you have intermediate to strong skills in MS Excel and are able to create pivot tables, conduct v-lookups and h-lookups. Beyond this, you have general familiarity with other systems and are able to learn new systems quickly.
- You have in-depth experience in a high-SKU, global multi-plant environment, and specific experience using Slimstock, Demand Solutions, Oracle, SAP or other Supply Chain Management systems.
- With great analytics and statistical skills, you have a solid understanding of master data and databases.
As Supply Chain Inventory Planner, you will be responsible for both demand management, as well as inventory planning of specific product lines. The Planner ensures an adequate supply of product to service customer needs, while minimizing working inventory investment by assessing demand activity. The planner will work to reflect demand changes in our planning systems to ensure high accuracy of forecast needs and ensure accuracy in inventory records, item usage history, and forecasting files.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive pay – Depending on your experience.
- Full benefits – Including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401k plan.
- Employee appreciation – Management is very visible and vocal in their appreciation of your work.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
- Calculate, edit and implement the demand forecast for assigned product lines
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to develop new product forecasts and to integrate market intelligence into forecasts for existing product lines.
- Constant interaction with sales and assessment of demand requirements. Reflect or monitor changes in SKU level forecasts.
- Validate and influence demand & inventory management plans to support projects and promotions
- Conduct financial risk assessments on above
- Identify current and potential product shortages, develop and execute recovery, advise interested parties of status and recovery plans.
- Coordinate SKU level unit forecasts with agreed to Product Category revenue expectations.
- Achieve consensus on operating plans and inventory goals.
- Provide reports and requested information to management as needed.
- Develop systems and procedures required to meet service and inventory turn objectives, with a notable competency being the comprehension and application of safety stock development and min/max inventory triggers.
- Measure and report forecast accuracy, fill rate and inventory performance metrics for each business division. Lead root-cause analysis for major variances and drive corrective actions.
- Review and update item planning policies within the MRP and forecasting systems for each division. Update parameters to drive achievement of supply and inventory plans.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting activities to support the demand planning and master scheduling functions as required.
- Manage execution of the demand/supply plans for inter-division material transfers
- Data mapping and monthly updates for global S&OP reporting.
- All other duties as assigned.
About the Company: Hilco Vision is an industry leading global eyewear/eye care company delivering comprehensive solutions to customers, built on a platform of innovation and operational excellence. Our goal is to take pain points away from our customers’ lives, increasing simplicity and making our customers successful. Hilco has direct subsidiaries in the USA, UK, Germany, Australia, China, and the Netherlands, and our product portfolio is concentrated on five primary product categories: Professional Tools, Vision Protection, Consumer Accessories, Lenscare and Eye Care.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.