Quality Assurance / Quality Control Supervisor
WorkRocket Schoolcraft, MI
- Expired: 21 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Imagine leading the quality department for a manufacturer that produces a fiber technology used in everything from food and makeup to roads and roofs. Join a very stable, essential organization where you will earn great pay and excellent benefits.
J Rettenmaier USA LP is looking for a Quality Assurance/Quality Control Supervisor to join their Schoolcraft, MI team.
Core hours: 7:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday
Why join the J Rettenmaier USA team:
- Top Notch Benefits: Low deductible health insurance (company pays back your deductible), dental, vision, life worth 2x your yearly base earnings, and 401(k) with company match.
- Great Pay: Great Pay and Potential for Company Performance Bonus.
- Stability: J Rettenmaier USA LP was established in 1998 by the JRS Group owned by the Rettenmaier family, who have been in business since 1878. An essential organization, they continue to grow even during the pandemic. They produce fiber concentrate powders used in a wide range of products which are used every day by people across the globe.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or related technical field preferred.
- 3+ years equivalent job experience in an industrial environment favored.
- Adept in the use of commercial database software such as SAP, document/workflow control software such as Qualtrax, and food safety/quality related software such as Trace Gains and Horizon Scan.
- Adept in use of MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word and ideally Power Point to a basic level.
Please click Apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision for plant quality lab
- Provide QA/QC systems support to facility
- Supervise day to day prioritization of routine, in-process, stability and finished product work load
- Work with site leadership to maintain working schedule of all work flowing through the QC Analytical Lab.
- Lead training of all new employees and maintain all training documentation via current system.
- Support investigations and assist in any related CAPAs, deviations, etc.
- Oversight of all laboratory chemical, equipment use and equipment calibration logs.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with GMPs, company SOP’s, and current industry practice.
- Perform trending on a routine basis and compile annual summary results for established KPI’s.
- As needed, perform physical, chemical, and instrumental analysis.
- Support 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits as needed.
- Exhibit professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and practices.
- Maintain compliance to Food Safety Modernization Act and GFSI Food Safety Certifications:
- Reply to customer requests for information
- Assist with customer complaint investigations
- Provide support for generation of COAs, as needed
- Provide support for customer sample requests
- Complete and assist with any additional tasks or projects assigned
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform all other tasks, projects, and duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.