Imagine leveraging your engineering experience in a brand new distribution facility where you will be able to define processes and procedures and make a major impact. Enjoy an exceptional compensation and benefits package and establish a long-termPackaging Engineer career with a family-owned manufacturer that has been in business for over 160 years.
Klein Tools is seeking a Packaging Engineer for their brand-new facility opening in Mansfield, TX. This is an opportunity that will require some travel to Cedar Rapids, IA for the next 8 months for training. Klein Tools will cover all travel expenses.
A full relocation package is available to well-qualified candidates.
Why join the Klein Tools team:
- Competitive compensation – Starting at $75K or more depending on your experience
- Excellent benefits package that includes: Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Life and AD&D insurance, Short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) plans with company match, and profit sharing
- Culture – Join a Company that values Integrity, Safety & Teamwork
- Stability – Klein Tools has been around for over 161 years and is the only major tool manufacturer worldwide focused on electrical and utility applications
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the following, they want to hear from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering or an engineering degree from a related field
- At least one year of relevant work experience as a packaging engineer
- Prepare product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
- Prepare proposed routings, bills of material, and cost estimates for completing the proposed project.
- Perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
- Participate in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
- Design, prototype and test product components, sub-systems, and applying principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering as directed.
- Write technical reports to document engineering analysis and findings.
- Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
- Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain time lines.
- Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for downstream customers.
- Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
- Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
- Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra steps and add cost in the manufacturing process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.