Leverage your PL/SQL skills with the #1 workers’ comp insurance provider in Minnesota. This is a great opportunity to apply your programming experience in an organization where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded with excellent pay and benefits.
You will enjoy the highly collaborative and flexible environment with plenty of opportunity to further your skills with additional training. The variety of tasks involved ensures that you will make a real impact on the company.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company is looking for a PL/SQL Developer in the Bloomington, MN area.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation based on experience - $105-$140K annual salary plus bonus potential
- Benefits – Including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, optional insurances, flex spending, PTO, paid holidays, tuition insurance, wellness programs, employee discounts, and more!
- Training – Keep your skills up to date through conferences and classes.
- Access to senior leadership
- Family-oriented culture
- High visibility role – Reporting directly to the CIO
- Smaller company – Where your voice will be heard and opinions valued
What you will bring to the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems OR equivalent industry experience
- Working knowledge of Oracle version 12
- PL/SQL skills
- Stability of past employment
Please click apply or email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
- Works closely with the software development team to assist and consult on PL/SQL development including interfacing to other systems/platforms.
- Provides guidance on tuning of complex queries for the software and analytics teams. Assists in tuning the Oracle database as needed.
- Acts as an architect working closely with the analytics team to define data models for the SFM data warehouse. Performs extract, transform, and load (ETL) work to meet project needs.
- Works on projects where SFM systems interface to other systems including file transfers and API calls. Stays current on API and associated security technologies.
- Works as an architect/data modeler with the software development staff to develop major schema and data model changes. Tests and deploys schema, package, and trigger changes to the Oracle databases.
- Performs basic Oracle Database Administration while training to do more complex administration.
- Works with the analytics team on ways to use data for predictive modeling and other complex data analysis.
- Consults on a variety of business projects which involve data uses, collection, and reporting, Meets with SFM business team members as needed.
- Develops and reviews internal documentation as needed for key projects.
- Participates in team-oriented development environment. Keeps co-workers updated on project status that they are dependent upon. Works with other co-workers to produce timely high-quality solutions.
- Communicates effectively with leaders and management on project status and new work assignments.
About the Company: Established in 1983, SFM Mutual Insurance Company is the workers’ compensation insurer of choice for over 22,000 employers in the Midwest.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.