Do you want to have immediate impact supporting Columbia Forest Product's computing environment through installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading the end user computing environment to ensure optimal performance? Want to put your skills to work by partnering with users to assist in solving business issues and identifying process improvements using technology while providing training as necessary? If this interests you, apply to be part our employee owned company.
Columbia Forest Products, an employee owned company and North America’s largest manufacturer of hardwood plywood and hardwood veneer products, is looking for an Enterprise Network Administrator to join their Greensboro, NC team.
CFP offers great compensation and a wide array of benefits: Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. Our company stands out because of our commitment to our employees.
- A minimum of 3 years of directly related experience
- Information Systems degree
- Understanding of Internet technologies including browsers, proxies, SSL, and encryption
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP and Windows networking fundamentals
- Demonstrated knowledge of supporting end user computing software including the Windows Operating System, Office 365, and Azure
- Demonstrated knowledge of supporting desktop and laptop hardware, along with mobile devices
- Industry certifications such as A+, N+, Project+, ITIL, MTA/MCSA/MCTS/MCTIP is preferred
Travel is required to support multiple locations.
Please click apply or send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The Enterprise Network Administrator key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide proactive and timely support for the end user computing environment
- Collaborate with users and IT team members to help ensure the performance, security, and connectivity of the end user computing environment
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with telecommunications, networking, desktop/laptop hardware and software, mobile devices, and accessories
- Responsible for the setup of new users, servers, hardware, software, and networking
- Provide installation, configuration, support, maintenance, and troubleshooting for networks and servers
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Enterprise Applications hosted on the Windows Server or Office365 environment as well as Windows 7/10, Mac, Microsoft Office 365 and all other authorized desktop applications
- Provide user data and application recovery along with tracking hardware and software inventory
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve issues
- Identify trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, issues, and support requests
- Involved in establishing, implementing and communicating network policies and procedures
Other Qualifications and Expectations:
- The ability to travel to field locations on a regular basis is required to provide effective support
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds in order to move and install equipment
- Requires attention to detail with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of AD, Azure AD, MDM and remote access tools, and IT service delivery principles is preferred
- Familiarity with the Agile Project Methodology is preferred
- Consistently handles support tasks to conclusion within acceptable time frames
- Follows up appropriately to ensure support needs have been met and issues are resolved
- Consistently and actively engage in conversations and meetings while communicating effectively, timely, and appropriately with intended audiences
- Ability to collaborate with team members and work in partnership with others to promote the success of the team and encourage positive working relationships
- Consistently meets commitments and takes ownership and responsibility for actions and issues while working toward resolution
- Identifies problems early and provides suggestions for their resolution while making timely decisions
- Understands personal limitations and knows who and when to ask for help while working in a group to solve issues
- Maintains a high standard of performance and integrity while valuing the importance of delivering high quality results
- Embraces CFP’s standards for customer service and integrity while working in a family-oriented environment where everyone shares in the success
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.