Are you a heavy construction equipment mechanic looking to travel? A local manufacturing plant is looking for a Field Service Representative to provide direct service and support to customers in their East Coast Region.
The Field Service Representative will:
· Work on heavy construction equipment used to maintain railroad track (regulators and tie cranes)
· Work on large rubber-tired equipment used to maintain power line right of ways (tree trimmers and brush cutters).
· Have a broad knowledge of machinery and industrial equipment
· Be able to interface directly with the customer and other employees
· Ability to market parts and equipment to the customer
· Ability to assist customers in troubleshooting machine issues
The requirements for the Field Service Representative:
· 3-5 yrs. experience as a mechanic familiar with heavy construction equipment
· Experience with powertrain, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical machinery systems
· Must have hands on hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to weld and cut steel with torch or plasma
· Ability to read schematics
· Must be computer literate and able to complete service reports and access technical information as required
· Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and self-motivated
· Able to work with limited supervision in diverse environmental conditions
· Must possess a valid driver's license
· Must be able to travel; some work will require travel by air plane
The salary range for the Field Service Representative is $60k-$70k.
All offers of employment are contingent on a background check and drug test.