Dubuque, IA Distribution center SUPERVISOR or warehouse supervisor
2nd shift food ,beverage or cold storage experience
salary: 50-55kdirect hire with benefits
Field of Expertise: Logistics
Responsible to supervise the daily activities of the DC operations following company safety, quality and health policies.
Reporting to: DC Manager and DC Assistant Manager.
Responsible for DC team of approx. 7 hourly employees
- Supervise staff: integrate, train, appraise, redefine responsibilities, ensure development and gauge training needs
- Conduct interviews as necessary
- Supervise a team: delegate, instill a sense of responsibility, set targets, communicate instructions, control, listen
- Provide reports to management
- Meet efficiency budget levels with maintaining a high quality product
- Operates a forklift/powered equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Documents safety checks on forklifts/powered equipment prior to use
- Ensures accurate documentation of all inbound paperwork
- Completes activity movements sheets daily
- Rotates stock in a FIFO format
- Selects the proper product for customer orders
- Insures accurate and damage free commodities to our customers
- Performs physical inventories as required by manager
- Must be able to read and count accurately, do simple math and write legibly
- Maintain open line of communication between follow workers and plant personnel
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Ensures proper loading techniques are followed on all out bound loads
- Must meet or exceed all productivity standards
- Apply well-defined standards (costs, budgets)
- Record efficiency data
- Analyze and evaluate packaging efficiency data and determine the negative or positive net effect
Education: High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED) is preferred
Experience: Previous employment in a food industry setting is preferred
Knowledge of: Basic mathematical and computer skills are required
Experience in: Supervision people and the scheduling of work force. Experience fork-lift and power driven equipment operation/knowledge. Perishable and dry goods warehouse experience preferred. Strong communication abilities, written and verbal, along with knowledge of computer software. Inventory control, cycle counts, and FIFO system formats preferred. Shipping and Receiving experience preferred.
Behavioral skills: The ideal candidate will be proactive and dynamic, flexible and receptive to new ideas, down to earth and pragmatic, analytical and attentive to detail. Be capable of working independently in adherence to regulations, of managing stress and remaining calm under pressure, and be able to demonstrate an inquiring mind and well-developed observational skills. Will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty and integrity, and objectivity. Personal qualities of tack, dependability and ability to work well with others. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work in cool temperatures (32 to 40 degrees F). Possess values of ambition and engagement, with simplicity.
Work 22, a Los Angeles, Ca.-based employment agency, recruites candidates for both direct hire and temp to hire Southern California jobs and nationwide searches in the following fields: manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, warehouse, and office. This is a free service for job seekers.
Work22Work22 Work 22, a Los Angeles, Ca.-based employment agency, recruites candidates for both direct hire and temp to hire Southern California jobs and nationwide searches in the following fields: manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, warehouse, and office. This is a free service for job seekers.