Sr. Commercial Property Underwriter Insurance
Downtown Los Angeles, CA
salary 125K direct hire with benefits
call Gary 323-694-6577
The Underwriter is responsible to underwrite profitable Excess Property business for accounts on a nationwide basis
- Underwrites Commercial Lines property risks within delegated underwriting authority. Applies appropriate pricing techniques according to company filings and state/bureau conformance.
- Monitors underwriting results and premium and lost trends within assigned book of business.
- Develops and executes formal written agency plans with all assigned agents in territory.
- Establishes and executes effective and efficient producer and client visits (with appropriate business units Loss Control, Claims and Marketing Representatives) in order to maintain and increase new business.
- Coordinates with inter-company departments as well as producers, insureds and Marketing Representatives to ensure appropriate high level account management standards are maintained.
- Enhances technical expertise in the area of Commercial Lines property underwriting including assisting in Underwriting Manager in the training and development of Department staff.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelors degree is preferred
- 3 years of underwriting experience and/or underwriting assistant experience.
- Familiarity with catastrophe modeling and management of aggregates preferred.
- CPCU or insurance related courses helpful