PRINCIPAL CLERK Expiratio
- $22 Hourly
SALARY: $21.8726/hour (AFSCME Union position)
The Principal Clerk provides critical administrative support for various departments within the WHA. Tasks include providing exceptional customer service to our residents and staff, processing paperwork, drafting letters and documents, organizing and managing files, making copies, answering telephone calls, and compiling data and information. Specific daily tasks will depend on the department to which the Principal Clerk is assigned. However, all departments require a Principal Clerk to have a pleasant demeanor, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and good computer and basic math skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) speakers are preferred.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
2. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in an office environment.
3. Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
4. High level of integrity; ability to maintain confidentiality.
5. Attention to detail; ability to multi-task while staying organized.
6. Adept at using Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook, and ability to quickly learn computer software programs.
7. Ability to type quickly and accurately, and to use office equipment such as phones, fax machines, copiers, and scanners.
8. Excellent English vocabulary and grammar skills; bilingual candidates (English/Spanish) preferred.
9. Competent with basic mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and the calculation of percentages.
10. Pleasant and calm demeanor, superior customer service skills.
11. Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions.
12. Ability to work cooperatively and pleasantly with a diverse population.
13. Positive attitude and willingness to learn, be accountable, and strive for success.
14. Ability to be relied upon to be available for work.
Worcester Housing AuthorityWorcester, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.