Enjoy working with a demographic variety of staff and clientele in this unique opportunity with Fairview Pharmacy Services' float department! You will be exposed to many different areas and aspects of Fairview Pharmacy Services, leading to a range of potential different growth opportunities within the organization.
Floating incentives include:
- Extra hourly compensation for floating included.
- Paid mileage when working away from home site pharmacy.
- Receive prescriptions from patients and gather appropriate information per department policy. Assist in the preparation and dispensing of medications and supplies as assigned, including counting, pouring and labeling prescriptions.
- Verify insurance and resolve issues in a manner that will serve the customer's needs. Address third party prescription questions, which may include prior authorizations, vacation supplies, dose changes, price check and drug utilization review.
- Process new and refill prescriptions in the computer system quickly and accurately; including entering refill authorization requests, and entering and calculating complex prescriptions such as compounds and injectables.
- Respond to internal and external customer questions and concerns in a professional and customer-focused manner.
- Handle cash register transactions quickly and accurately.
- Perform under the direction of the Pharmacist to assist with identifying and resolving patient specific medication related issues in the patient's best interest.
- Provide training to new and current staff on areas of expertise including computer/software, insurance plans and problems that may occur, customer service, and other processes.
- Under the direction of the pharmacist, prepare drug therapy for patients in an accurate and timely fashion in accordance with all legal requirements, regulatory agencies and Fairview Policy.
- Deliver medications, supplies and equipment to patient care areas and other clinical areas as appropriate.
- Assist in the maintenance of pharmacy to reflect a clean and well-stocked condition on a daily basis
- Ensure each product has a POS shelf label
- Assist in inventory control functions
- Record invoices in department inventory control/invoice records
- Maintain stock of inventory in assigned areas
- Receive, unpack, and check incoming stock against invoices and place into inventory
- Process recalls and returns when necessary
- Help in the maintenance of pharmacy billing records
Current registration by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy, and if first registered on/after 1/1/2013, completion of a MNBOP approved employer based or vocational/technical training program.
Pharmacy technician experience and knowledgeable of data entry and insurance adjudications.
Excellent customer service skills, proficient in the English language, good attention to detail, ability to problem solve effectively, ability to follow policies and procedures, basic math skills, basic typing skills and excellent communication skills.