At Fairview Mesaba Clinics, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for medication management for psychiatry patients in the outpatient setting.
- Clinical Practice & Case Management: Provides safe therapeutic care in holistic and systemic way to include the assessment and overall care management of a specified patient population under the supervision of an MD. Exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of medical processes and procedures in line with nurse practice act. Has specialized knowledge and skill on matters of psychiatric disease management, pharmacology and education.
- Teamwork: Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach to patient outcomes.
- One year of progressive clinical nursing experience with primary care management of patient population with psychiatric disease.
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license from MN Board of Nursing. Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certification.
- Masters degree in advanced practice nursing.
- Three to five years of progressive clinical nursing experience with primary care management of patient population with psychiatric disease.
- Doctorate degree in advanced practice nursing.