Determines Operating Room surgical instrument needs for surgery cases and sets up surgical instrument trays. Decontaminates and sterilizes surgical instruments including preparation. Decontaminates, cleans, processes, assembles, sterilizes, stores and distributes surgical instruments for Surgery.
Casual Night shift
Reviews and interprets O.R. surgery schedule on an on-going basis to determine priority of surgical instruments needed. Assembles instruments according to the daily distribution report.
- Inspects, tests, assembles, packages and labels O.R. surgical instruments, implant, and vendor sets in preparation for sterilization by following all manufacturer's instructions for use (IFU's).
- Ensures instruments are available and ready when needed.
- Completes Sterility Check points on instruments assembled and shipped.
- Assembles instruments to the quality triangle of be 100% complete, sterile, and on time.
- Distributes instruments to the proper surgical case and hospital site.
- Transports instruments and supplies between processing areas.
Responds to emergency requests for supplies and instruments.
- Completes document for replacing safety and emergency stock.
- Assists in locating site-specific instrumentation.
- Sorts and separates instruments returning site-specific instruments to the proper site.
Decontaminates CPC instrumentation and equipment.
- Prepares and uses solutions per manufacturer's instruction.
- Follows CPC written policies and procedures.
- Operates dryers, heat sealers and steam sterilization equipment.
- Operates mechanical ultrasonic cleaner, cart washer and washer decontaminator.
- Operates steam sterilizers.
- Operates Ethylene Oxide and low temperature sterilizers.
- Runs biological monitor with every sterilization load.
- Incubates, reads and records biological monitor and releases sterilization loads from quarantine.
Serves as a resource to surgeons, nurses and other medical personnel.
- Works closely with co-workers and functions as a team.
- Communicates between shifts and with supervisors and managers for efficient operation and problem resolution.
- Communicates instrument and supply inventory needs.
Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
- Communicates in a respectful manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes service to meet patient needs.
High School Diploma or GED.
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
Three to five years' experience in a sterile processing environment