Fluid Power Energy, Inc. - Industrial Engineering Intern
Industrial Engineering Intern Job Description
Our Industrial Engineering Intern will work directly with Operations’ industrial engineer and will partake in process documentation and improvements. Hosted by the Director of Operations, an Industrial Engineering Intern might find themselves working with other interns conducting data collection efforts and working directly on the company ERP system, Epicor, to transfer data and update information in our ERP. Fluid Power Energy’s intern will be tasked with leading the implementation of an automated tag dispenser on our production floor. This project will involve multiple functional areas of the company and offer a chance to complete a cost-savings initiative from start to finish during the summer. This will involve gaining an understanding of current processes and constraints to justify the project along with track success once in production. This role will allow our intern to put classroom concepts to practice in a real manufacturing environment, learn about the significance of a company’s ERP system, and implement process automation to drive down production costs and lead time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn to operate company ERP system (Epicor) to facilitate projects within the company.
- Lead project to implement automated tag dispenser for nameplate etching.
- Perform time studies in the assembly department to determine quantity breaks for our production rates.
- Continue development of a Simulation Model for both production lines, focusing on batch size and qty breaks.
- Plan and execute 5S implementation.
- Create work instructions for undocumented operations.
- Work with leadership and assembly workers to improve work areas.
Skills and Specifications
- Process-oriented individual
- Demonstrates critical thinking and innovative, effective problem-solving skills.
- MS Office experience; proficiency in Excel a plus
- Simulation experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop good working relationships with assembly employees, other engineers and interns, and management.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Education and Qualifications
- Junior, or Senior working towards a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Available full-time over the summer, approximately 40 hrs per week
About Fluid Power Energy
FLUID POWER ENERGY is one of the world's largest manufacturers of temperature control valves. FPE serves clients on seven continents with plants and offices around the globe. Driven by continuous improvement, FPE exceeds traditional industry standards and welcomes the opportunity to demonstrate the impact we can make on your bottom line.
Job: Operations and Manufacturing – Industrial Engineering Intern
Primary Location: W229 N591 Foster Ct., Waukesha, WI 53186
Possible Start Date: June 2023 (can be negotiated)
Powered by JazzHR
Woodway USAWaukesha, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.