Are you an enthusiastic individual who enjoys rewarding work in a unique, dynamic, and fun environment? Stuck in a job and seeking a career oriented position? If you answered Yes, Woodward Academy is the place for you. Woodward Academy offers a career path through its cross-functional environment. Woodward Academy is a juvenile centered program that focuses on education, vocations, and intramural/athletics.
- We are currently seeking Youth Counselors.
- Open shifts: 3pm-11pm starting at $12.75/hour.
- Open shifts: 11pm-7pm starting at $12.00/hour.
- Performance pay increase after 90days and 6mth period to $12.75 - $13.50.
- $1,500 yearly achievement bonus.
- 40hrs guaranteed with optional over-time.
- Full benefits for full-time employees.
- Daily pay program is offered instead of waiting to get paid.
- This position is located in Woodward, IA.
- Supervise youth in activities in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior.
- Maintain the security of the facility and grounds.
- Observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
- Participate in the treatment of the youth through observation, interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of treatment plans; and assist in the development of a positive peer culture.
- Escort youth to work, mealtime, recreation, education activities, and participate in their supervision and instruction. Our school's athletic department consist of Powerlifting, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Cross-Country, Track and Field and Basketball at a 2A level.
- Maintain proper conduct and security of youth in work, recreation, and education; administer and record medication as ordered.
- Limited one-to-one counseling.
- Prepare periodic and special evaluations on assigned youth, report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes in assignments.
- Provide crisis intervention with juveniles.
- Give basic instruction in work, recreation and housekeeping activities.
- Communicate orally and in writing all appropriate reports and information.
- High school Degree or equivalent.
- Capable of participating in physical training activities.
Full Time Employee Benefits:
BENEFITS may include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days of employment.
- Short-term and long-term disability.
- Tuition reimbursement and loan program.
- Coaching opportunities.
- Free meals while working.
- Wellness program.
- 24/7 On-Site weight room and gym access.
- Birthday as a paid day off.
- 18 Days Paid time off.
- Holiday pay.
- Membership to local country club which includes golf course and swimming pool.
- $100 towards rent each month if you live within 15 miles of the facility.
- After you have been a WA Full-Time employee for 7 (seven) years you will receive four (4) weeks of paid time off. This does NOT count against your PTO hours.
- Newly added DailyPay! It is a benefit that allows employees to voluntarily access a portion of their base wages in advance prior to pay day.