Are you an enthusiastic individual who enjoys rewarding work in a unique, dynamic, and fun environment? Stuck in a job and seeking a career oriented position? If you answered Yes, Woodward Academy is the place for you. Woodward Academy offers a career path through its cross-functional environment. Woodward Academy is a juvenile centered program that focuses on education, vocations, and intramural / athletics.
- We are currently seeking Youth Counselors
- Open shifts: 3pm-11pm or 11pm-7am
- $200 sign-on bonus after 90days
- $12.00 to $12.75 /hour
- $1,500 yearly bonus opportunities
- Full benefits for full-time employees
- High School or GED and DHS background required
- Performance pay increase after 90days and 6mth period
- 40hrs guaranteed with optional over-time
- Daily pay program is offered instead of waiting to get paid
- This position is located in Woodward, IA
- Supervise youth in activities in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior.
- Maintain the security of the facility and grounds.
- Observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
- Participate in the treatment of the youth through observation, interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of treatment plans; and assist in the development of a positive peer culture.
- Escort youth to work, mealtime, recreation, education activities, and participate in their supervision and instruction. Our school's athletic department consist of Powerlifting, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Cross-Country, Track and Field and Basketball at a 2A level.
- Maintain proper conduct and security of youth in work, recreation, and education; administer and record medication as ordered.
- Limited one-to-one counseling.
- Prepare periodic and special evaluations on assigned youth, report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes in assignments.
- Provide crisis intervention with juveniles.
- Give basic instruction in work, recreation and housekeeping activities.
- Communicate orally and in writing all appropriate reports and information.
- High school Degree or equivalent
- Capable of participating in physical training activities
Full Time Employee Benefits:
BENEFITS may include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 60 days of employment
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement and loan program
- Coaching opportunities
- Free meals while working
- Wellness program
- 24/7 On-Site weight room and gym access
- Birthday as a paid day off
- 18 Days Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Membership to local country club which includes golf course and swimming pool
- $100 towards rent each month if you live within 15 miles of the facility
- After you have been a WA Full-Time employee for 7 (seven) years you will receive four (4) weeks of paid time off. This does NOT count against your PTO hours.
- Newly added DailyPay! It is a benefit that allows employees to voluntarily access a portion of their base wages in advance prior to pay day