- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $32 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
We are offering a $1,500 hiring bonus!!!
Are you ready to make your mark? If you’re an experienced Machinist, we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are currently looking for experienced machinists on all shifts.
What you will be doing
- Assist in the set up, and operate machines with little or no supervision and perform required process checks or inspections per the process documentation
- Document nonconforming material according to procedures, participate in activities to implement root cause and corrective actions identified.
- Adhere to all safety standards, regulations and operating procedures.
- Utilize computer programs to enter part data (e.g., serial number), log time, look up instructions and blueprints and download programs.
- Utilize work instructions, set-up sheets and method documents to correctly operate machines and inspect machined parts.
- Utilize various gauging equipment to ensure conformance to the engineering specifications and standards through the production run.
- Clean and maintain measuring instruments and test equipment and inspect parts for cleanliness (e.g., routed and deburring operations). Operate precision inspection equipment and perform first piece check out when applicable to the job.
- Interpret and follow blueprints for proper production task completion.
- Perform routed operations of precision close tolerance parts.
Qualifications - External
What We Are Looking For
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing such as perpendicularity, perpendicularity under load, parallelism, flatness. This includes the ability to interpret tolerances on prints and perform inspection techniques. This includes the ability to interpret datum structures, material condition tolerances, orientation tolerances.
- Knowledge of CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) programming/machining including the ability to read, understand, edit basic programs and/or basic knowledge of one or more of the following skills - grinding, turning, milling, drilling.
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Machinist Level 2: 2-5 Years of experience setting up and operating various machine types in an industrial setting. Intermediate knowledge of GD&T. Intermediate troubleshooting skills.
- Machinist Level 3: 5+ Years of experience setting up and operating multiple machine types in an industrial setting. Advanced knowledge of GD&T. Advanced troubleshooting skills.
Woodward offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated starting pay:
Level 1: $18.00-24.00
Level 2: $23.00 - $28.00
Level 3: $26.00 - $32.00
Shift Premium: 10% for Second Shift; 15% for Third Shift
- Sick Time / Short Term Disability / Bereavement / Adoption Assistance / Vacation / 401(k) Match
- Stock Contribution / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability / Member Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Member Optional Life
- Spouse/Child Optional Life / Optional AD&D / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Home Auto Insurance / Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness Insurance / Legal Plan / Military Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Pandemic Leave / Variable Incentive Plan / Vacation Buy-up
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Woodward, IncWhy Work Here?
We promote an environment that fosters growth, encourages self-development, and provides meaningful work.
Woodward, Inc. was founded in 1870 in Loves Park, IL as the Woodward Governor Company after Amos Woodward invented and patented a better, faster, more efficient water wheel governor. In 1934, Amos’ son Elmer patented the first successful aircraft propeller governor. Irl Martin, Amos’ son-in-law, and the company’s third chairman, introduced the Corporate Partnership, an innovative business structure that involved all company members in its business success. For almost 150 years, Woodward has been driven by the constant desire to solve, improve and address the challenges our customers-and their customers-face, innovating products that control energy for aerospace and industrial applications. And with our strong culture of collaboration, our expert technical knowledge, and a proven tradition of problem-solving, we deliver the trusted and innovative systems that are integral to the technology that changes the world.
1081 Woodward WayFort Collins, CO