Business Requirements Analyst
Woodruff Sawyer San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Woodruff-Sawyer is looking for a highly-skilled and talented individual with excellent writing and communication skills for the role of Business Requirements Analyst. Under the direction of the VP of Commercial lines BI, the analyst will perform a wide range of duties involving requirement analysis for our portal and data projects. The work will include collaborating with a wide range of audiences with varied backgrounds in commercial lines. Combining technical skills, knowledge of the insurance business, and a strong background in gathering and writing system and data requirements would be essential to be successful in this role.
The primary responsibility of the role is building requirements through extensive analysis of current processes and a compelling view of the future-state. An incumbent in this will have the following responsibilities:
- Understand the detailed business process of brokering business in all of our lines.
- Independently translate the business process into a set of requirements framework for portal implementation.
- Review, elaborate and refine requirements with the business stakeholders.
- Develop a comprehensive requirements document covering both written requirements and visual mockups.
- Create user acceptance test frameworks and execute such tests during the project.
- Work with IT teams to assist during requirements elaboration and stories creation process.
- Seek and audit requirements traceability matrix with IT teams.
- Attend daily meetings, identify areas of collaboration, and respond in a timely manner to questions.
- A Master’s or higher degree in technology or related disciplines.
- 5 or more years of industry experience in Insurance or an allied industry.
- Proficient in querying and profiling data using SQL, Excel, etc.
- Ability to document technical requirements effectively, using appropriate terms and vocabulary that will be clearly understood by project teams, co-workers, and users.
- Ability to translate user needs and corporate policies into business rules and user requirements.
- Excellent requirements /user stories writing skills.
- Experience working with colleagues of diverse educational and experience.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and application systems development lifecycle methodology.
- Working knowledge of application promotion to production and change management procedures
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Woodruff Sawyer