Account Representative - Employee Benefits
Woodruff Sawyer Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
Our Employee Benefits practice is looking for an Account Representative to join their collaborative and industrious team. The ideal candidate is a great communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Clear communication is fundamental as you will be working with and building relationships with people across diverse disciplines. In addition, the candidate must be highly organized, motivated, resourceful and a quick learner.
Account Representatives provide support to Account Managers and Senior Account Managers. This role requires a strong aptitude for time management and prioritization and a high level of ownership.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develop relationships with team members, clients and carriers
- Create client deliverables, including but not limited to, employee communication materials, online systems offered and maintaining data and files as necessary
- Participate in client presentations and the strategic planning process
- Assist with the marketing and renewal process; request information from the markets and client, review all documents pertaining to client coverage issues, develop specifications and ensure quotes
- Assist to analyze projects and proposals in order to make recommendations to the Account Manager
- Review and deliver contracts in a timely manner
- Demonstrate understanding of client business and industry, breadth and depth of employee benefits knowledge; proactively apply business and market knowledge to client situations to anticipate needs and pull work from the service team
- Establish and maintain professional verbal and written communication with clients and colleagues.
- Establish and communicate workflow expectations; demonstrate ability to proactively overcome barriers and be persistent in finding solutions.
- Demonstrate strong problem resolution skills and the understanding of when to escalate more complex issues to management.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, tenacity, and time management; understand urgency and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Actively contribute to establishing and meeting team goals and service model expectations; provide backup to other team members when needed and contribute to a positive and respectful work environment.
- Exemplify Woodruff Sawyer’s core competencies at appropriate level.
- Clearly read and interpret information for clients, colleagues and/or carriers both verbally and in writing.
- Build relationships and interact in a tactful and professional manner in a fast-paced, customer centric environment; remain calm under pressure.
- Proactively and effectively service clients to assure needs, timelines and expectations are met; including active participation in team and client meetings either directly or via phone and problem solving to overcome barriers.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, twist, lift files and keyboard on a routine daily basis. Lifting requirements will be generally less than 10 pounds.
What you should already have:
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years industry experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Life, Accident and Health license required upon hire or within 3 months of obtaining position.
What you’ll be getting from us:
- An opportunity for growth, development and advancement in the areas of client involvement, risk assessment and management
- The opportunity to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a collaborative and entrepreneurial team
- A flexible work schedule
- Security for your future: Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP), 401K with company match and profit sharing
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees and families (including domestic partners)
- Life Insurance, short term and long term disability benefits
- A Flexible work schedule
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Fun company and team outings
BusinessView all jobs at Woodruff Sawyer